How I hate hot weather!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
You'll complaining about the wind instead! And about the locals dropping into Orkneyjar when you're about.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
I do not like the hot weather because it brings out the idiots who play their music so loud that the whole neighbourhood has to listen to it. The local authority are not interested nor are the police.

I cannot wait for the cooler wetter weather to arrive.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
No fans to cool the air for me in my 80 Fahrenheit flat. I have a fan,but i like the 'it's too hot'!!:heat: effect. I can't get my flat this warm even with the central heating and my electric fire on at full,so why blow the novelty hot air out the window? I like to 'suffer'!:smile:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I do not like the hot weather because it brings out the idiots who play their music so loud that the whole neighbourhood has to listen to it. The local authority are not interested nor are the police.

I cannot wait for the cooler wetter weather to arrive.
Yesterday while in my local park i could hear old folks type music coming from outside a nearby old folks home. They must've hired a singer with microphone and backing tracks for a sing-along in the sunshine.:sun:Yes it was loud,but not horrible,so it didn't bother me at all. I had 'Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye' as an earworm all night!:laugh:

Last edited:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'll join the minority here; I love the sun and the heat :smile:. Maybe because we don't get much of it up here. I was out today, 54 miles including a long killer climb, sweat running out of me, loved it. Not for me the cold and rain, or wind. I may have mentioned that before :laugh:. I spent 8 years of my youth living in Jamaica, so maybe that's where it comes from, but I really cannot stand the cold* wet miserable shite we get 95% of the year in these parts, so I certainly won't be complaining about a few days of heat, because sadly that's all it's likely to be :sad:. Forecast is for the usual pish returning as of Saturday for the foreseeable....

*cold means less than 15C.
Hot means more than 30C.
Ideal means 20 to 25C.
Deduct 5 degrees for motorcycling activities to allow for the wearing of leathers!

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Not sure if it's the heat or more the humidity, but I've had a headache every day with it. Not really enjoying it.
That'll be the two bottles of wine 🥂

raleighnut

Legendary Member
No fans to cool the air for me in my 80 Fahrenheit flat. I have a fan,but i like the 'it's too hot'!!:heat: effect. I can't get my flat this warm even with the central heating and my electric fire on at full,so why blow the novelty hot air out the window? I like to 'suffer'!:smile:
My mate Graham is like that, he's ended up moving to the Northern Queensland 'Gemfields' where it can reach 40c in summer,

Easy to pick him out in this photo that was in the newspapers

Q_24-07-2015_ROP_04_EME200715GemmiesArtists1_t1880.jpg

If you click on it there's a link to the article

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I concur, even an early ride went out of the window through lack of sleep. How the hell the pros deal with tour, giro, vuelta temperatures, i honestly have no idea.

There was a nice piece on the red bull website about the science of managing hydration, nutrient intake and ice socks. Apparently, the prep starts the night before.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Here we go; this coming Sunday. Cold, wet, windy. :sad:

Top Bottom