How I hate hot weather!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
I'd say from experience that small dog/big dog confrontations are usually caused by the big dog. When out with my mutt i find big dogs being held back by their oh so macho owners, as 'Tyson' tries to get at something an eighth of its size. I see owners of GSD's having to cover the eyes of their dog so it doesn't see a smaller dog and get all het up. Maybe little dogs can sense a much bigger dog's aggression and act aggressively towards them as a defence mechanism.
Think it depends on the mentality of the dog; my neighbour has a miniature dachshund that chases and barks at everything regardless of size. I know I should not say this but it does make me think was a good reason for choke collars and on the bike the worse dog I have encountered for persistence in chasing me was a white poodle.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Think it depends on the mentality of the dog; my neighbour has a miniature dachshund that chases and barks at everything regardless of size. I know I should not say this but it does make me think was a good reason for choke collars and on the bike the worse dog I have encountered for persistence in chasing me was a white poodle.

I agree. The German Shepherd i saw yesterday was the most placid i've seen,probably due to the heat it had to suffer. I'm not saying all small dogs are innocent,many are right little @#ts! There's a bloke who goes down my local pub who owns a GS. He doesn't take it in the pub as he admits it's very aggressive towards other dogs. He seems to revel in tales of how he walks around where he lives and other dog owners give him a wide birth because his dog is 'hard'.:rolleyes: I've never felt a need to own macho things like weenie extension macho man cars or 'look at me how hard am i with my 'devil dog' dogs. Maybe i'm missing out on something(?):smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I agree. The German Shepherd i saw yesterday was the most placid i've seen,probably due to the heat it had to suffer. I'm not saying all small dogs are innocent,many are right little @#ts! There's a bloke who goes down my local pub who owns a GS. He doesn't take it in the pub as he admits it's very aggressive towards other dogs. He seems to revel in tales of how he walks around where he lives and other dog owners give him a wide birth because his dog is 'hard'.:rolleyes: I've never felt a need to own macho things like weenie extension macho man cars or 'look at me how hard am i with my 'devil dog' dogs. Maybe i'm missing out on something(?):smile:
That's purely down to the owners being utter cockwombles, there's a bloke nearby that owns a Boxer cross that looks like a pitbull and people cross the road to avoid them. It's actually the softest slobbery mutt you could ever meet.

DRM

Guru
That's purely down to the owners being utter cockwombles, there's a bloke nearby that owns a Boxer cross that looks like a pitbull and people cross the road to avoid them. It's actually the softest slobbery mutt you could ever meet.
This is it exactly, the idiots got Staffies, cos it looks well 'ard innit, then tease the poor thing to make it nasty, a work colleague had one, again the most friendly, slobbery dog you could wish to meet, the nastiest thing you were at risk of was it pinching your sandwiches, however it was muscley, & strong as an ox with a big square head, but it actually seemed to be smiling all the time, if you made a fuss of it that was it for ages, it wouldn't leave you alone craving attention!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
This is it exactly, the idiots got Staffies, cos it looks well 'ard innit, then tease the poor thing to make it nasty, a work colleague had one, again the most friendly, slobbery dog you could wish to meet, the nastiest thing you were at risk of was it pinching your sandwiches, however it was muscley, & strong as an ox with a big square head, but it actually seemed to be smiling all the time, if you made a fuss of it that was it for ages, it wouldn't leave you alone craving attention!
Next door neighbours have a Staffie and I look after her sometimes, again a lovely affectionate doggie. My favourite game with 'Ruby' is 'I'll get that tail', she goes absolutely loopy :hyper:
I'm also quite happy to have her nibbling at me whilst I do 'tum tum tickles' then after about half an hour she'll lay down next to me and doze off.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Staffies are one of the most friendly breeds of dogs I have met, they are brilliant with kids. The probem is they sometimes attract a certian type of owner who are far less intelligent than them.

DRM

Guru
Shouldn't the dog try training it's owner then:laugh:
I think the owners who get a staffy as a status dog should be the ones put to sleep, rather than the poor unfortunate dog that can’t be rehomed due to how it’s been abused

Top Bottom