How I hate hot weather!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's too hot to cycle, I can't sleep, the windows are all open and the neighbours on one side are out partying, with the crowd on the other side due to arrive as usual about 7.30 to use the garden for tiring the kids out before bed. The kitchen faces west and even with the blinds down the temperature is 32.3c in there. I get paid good money to travel to hot countries and sit in air-conditioned hotels drinking cold beer and you are seldom outside for more than the time it takes to walk from car to office or hotel so it doesn't matter.

Maybe it's because I'm a fair-skinned Celt. Does anybody hate hot weather more than I do? Thank God rain is forecast for tomorrow and the weekend; it will keep everybody indoors.

Last edited:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
It's too hot to cycle, I can't sleep, the windows are all open and the neighbours on one side are out partying, with the crowd on the other side due to arrive as usual about 7.30 to use the garden for tiring the kids out before bed. The kitchen faces west and even with the blinds down the temperature is 32.3c in there. I get paid good money to travel to hot countries and sit in air-conditioned hotels drinking cold beer and you are seldom outside for more than the time it takes to walk from car to office or hotel so it doesn't matter.

Maybe it's because I'm a fair-skinned Celt. Does anybody hate hot weather more than I do? Thank God rain is forecast for tomorrow and the weekend.

I'm not a fan..... 🙄

I concur, even an early ride went out of the window through lack of sleep. How the hell the pros deal with tour, giro, vuelta temperatures, i honestly have no idea.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm one of those rare beasts.... a redhead that loves hot weather. Cant get enough of it. Roll on to retirement and Southern Spain.
Us Brits are a strange lot. All I've heard today is 'it's too hot'. Well, make the most of it because it will be cold again before you know it and then you'll be moaning again.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's warm. The shed is usually OK to work from due to insulation, but the sun is up early, and is directly on the glass front, so it's toasty by the time I open up after the 10m commute. I don't like it this hot on the MTB, as you don't get the same air cooling like on the road bike due to much reduced speeds. I nearly cooked on Tuesday as the heat hit about half way round my ride.

I'm not complaining. My garden is looking fabulous.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Not a fan either, at least if it's cold/wet/both you can dress appropriately but this heat in inescapable (unless you nip over to the local Co-op for a browse in their air conditioned loveliness but they don't like that at the present)

BTW I've never gone on holibobs to Spain, Greece or any of those places so beloved of Chavs, far sooner have a walking/cycling break in Ireland, Scotland, Wales or even the Lake/Peak district even to the point of 'Camping in Snow'

Solocle

Über Member
I went out on the bike for an hour in the middle of the day. Heat acclimatization!
1593111975242.png

1593112391185.png

1593112544281.png

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...

Maybe it's because I'm a fair-skinned Celt. Does anybody hate hot weather more than I do? Thank God rain is forecast for tomorrow and the weekend; it will keep everybody indoors.
Miserable old bleeder! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom