How I hate public transport.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Committed to two work seminars today, suited and booted, the later of the two in Canary Wharf, cycling wasn't an option.
It didn't finish till six, and over two hours later I got home more cream crackered than any bike commute.
At least you get a seat on the bike, people aren't littering, eating, etc. all around you.
So wound up, definitely going to do the full 64m round trip tomorrow.
Grrrrr…

Rant over.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Rant Away Guv... I feel your pain.
I sure don't miss the train commute... ever.

I get why people prefer the car - when they disregard cycling as a practical option

To be fair, until you DO start cycling, the practicality isn't always clear

For me:

Bike: Lie in until 8, Ablutions, feed cats, leave for work at 8:20, arrive at work 8:50 with time to go shopping for breakfast & lunch
Car: Get up at 7:30, leave for work at 7:55 to beat the queues
Bus: Get up at 7:15, leave at 7:40 and get 2 buses, arrive early but if I get the later bus I'm pushing it for time

By that logic, cycling is the lazy option - extra time in bed

(disregarding the "Get up at 5:50, leave for work at 6:20 and head off into the hills for the scenic route, of course)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ah, that's better. 60m round trip commute has got that out of my system.

Good stuff.............

Public transport is shoot. Taxis are OK but if you can afford a taxi everyday you might aswell just buy your own Lamborghini.

Mike J

Regular
I hate public transport too, they smell, people eat, no space, I feel more tired, I feel dirty. I hate it overall.

I second this sentiment. I once remember a person sitting at the back of the bus vomiting. As the bus braked the vomit which smelled of beer was running down the isle. Since I've started commuting by bike (albeit only for the last month or so) I've not looked back and have no intention to do so!

Soup890

Crazy
I second this sentiment. I once remember a person sitting at the back of the bus vomiting. As the bus braked the vomit which smelled of beer was running down the isle. Since I've started commuting by bike (albeit only for the last month or so) I've not looked back and have no intention to do so!
And since you have started cycling have you noticed how good you feel, the positive mental feeling you get, and the change in attitude before you get to work and when you get home?

Mr Foldy

My 29 miles each way commute has some seriously dangerous roads. But my folder let's me bus the dangerous stretch and bike the rest. On the very rare time that I drive I arrive late and stressed. There are some low rent specimens on the bus sometimes though! (I wonder what they think of me?)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just to be awkward theres no public transport to where i work so its either a car or bicycle , taxi would not be a viable option even ignoring cost as your finish time varies from day to day and you dont know what time that will be until your done .
Car is quicker as i can be home in 1/2 hour tops door to door whereas the bike is more like 50 mins including getting changed , it is country lanes most of the way so no lights and hardly any traffic .

Top Bottom