How long before a hosepipe ban?

• Tomorrow

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Next week

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Bleh! I’ll still use it anyway. My bike needs to be clean and shiny

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There's no ban if your over 65 and got a blue badge thing for your car :wacko:

Are you saying the above can use a hosepipe to wash their cars, during a hosepipe ban? 🤔

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
IMG-20220810-WA0004.jpg

D

Deleted member 26715

Just rode up the estate to see a 2nd a stop tap leaking water out of it, the 1st has been leaking for at least the last 7 days

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Just rode up the estate to see a 2nd a stop tap leaking water out of it, the 1st has been leaking for at least the last 7 days

Our local Water Company (Northumbria) have a leak reporting option on their website. In my experience, they usually respond and repair reasonably quickly.

D

Deleted member 26715

Our local Water Company (Northumbria) have a leak reporting option on their website. In my experience, they usually respond and repair reasonably quickly.

1 was reported last week, the other this morning, via the website, I'd like to know who designs these forms they are not user friendly

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's better

:whistle::boxing:

Just washed the commuter bike this morning (less than half a bucket as I used some TFR on it first) - spare water went on the grass ! I did only wash my alloys on the car this week - didn't wash the car - it's covered in spider's webs as it's not moved for a good 2 weeks.

The plant pot at the front of the house did get 600ml out of my bike water bottle this morning.

presta

Guru
It's the 'water saving' toilets with 6 (or even 4) litre cisterns that annoy me. My water use went up after I fitted one, because it takes two, three, or sometimes even four flushes to get the pan to empty. All the aggro of perpetually unblocking the toilet for the privilege of spending more on my water bill. When I changed my toilet 12 years ago I already knew what a PITA they are from using other people's, so I went round every plumber's merchants I could find, and still couldn't find one with a 12L cistern. At around the same time, the council refurbished my mum's flat, and they fitted one with a 12L cistern. They're not daft, they don't want endless complaints from tenant's with blocked loos, but they must have had an 'insider' supply of them from somewhere.

Top Bottom