How long do Schwalbe Marathons last?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I have a pair on my tourer. Done 4500km and no sign of any wear, nor any nasty UDI (unplanned deflation incidents). Bike is only used for tours and heavily laden at that. 26x2.0 I think

Just curious

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I think the best I've done is 12,000 miles between a tyre change. I use Marathon Plus

MarkF

Guru
Don't have a mileage, but mine have been used nearly every day for commuting for s.e.v.en. years! Ok they could do with being switched around now to rack up a few more years. :okay:

BTW I put on some Continental Touring Plus to ride a 1000 mile tour and they were well worn at the end.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I just keep them going until I get two fairy events....none could be just bad luck but if I get two in quick succession then I assume they are past the point of reliability, which is why I have them.

Brandane

Legendary Member
They are called Marathons because they last for exactly 26 miles and 385 yards.

But seriously: I have one pair of Marathons (700 x 28) and a pair of M+ the same size. I can't give a mileage because I keep switching them between bikes, and sometimes use other tires in the summer too. My MTB also has a pair of 26" Marathons on it but again other tires are used depending on what I'm using the bike for. You could say I like them!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Until you find the energy to get them off the rims...

Lonestar

Veteran
Good thread.When I start getting that p bawlox I will change them at a guess.I always check them on my days off.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
M+ here. I'd done 8k miles on the commuter when it was nicked. The rear was marginally more worn than the front, but would have lasted another 5k miles easily I reckon.

betty swollocks

large member
7 years plus and no visitations.
It's a joyless ride though, they make your bike feel like a truck.
I've switched to Kodaks for the 'summer'.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Weird, I generally only get 3000 miles out of the ones on Bromptons. And I really know when they're done, they squirm about for about 100 mile before the blue appears.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
7 years plus and no visitations.
It's a joyless ride though, they make your bike feel like a truck.
I've switched to Kodaks for the 'summer'.

I bet they look a picture.

Your description of Marathon Pluses is a good one, no punctures, no feel and not the most amount of grip you can get from a bicycle tyre.

They work well on my Rose trekking ebike which weighs, in bike terms, almost as much as a truck.

Top Bottom