How long do you have left?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Funny how the calculator from a pensions company has everyone living a very long time :laugh:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
John Lennon would have been 80 this week if he hadn’t been shot or died of natural causes in the intervening years.
Just saying

He probably didn’t need a pension though.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
My wife, through ill health, is unlikely to survive me and as I have no interest in living out my days alone and in poverty, my retirement plan is to withdraw any savings the day I stop work and blow it all on hookers & ching in an epic night of debauchery intended to finish me off.

So 13 years and 3 days then :sad:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I'm on my home from work, 90 minutes late.

Both the kids have been home from school today, sick with absolutely rotten colds. My poor wife has been looking after them all day; and had been looking forward to escaping tonight to a yoga class. Not a good day to be late home.

I reckon i have 5 minutes left :eek:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Smoking does indeed make a difference to life expectancy. My grandad was 26 when he bought the ranch, all due to the evil nicotine. He was doing 65 in that Jowett Jupiter when he dropped his pack of senior service on the floor and bent over to root around with his hand for them. It didn't end well.

I gambled with my company pension and am from now on losing around £4k a year because I lived beyond 73.

But I had the benefit of a larger pension for 23 years and prefer losing the money to the alternative.

My wife, through ill health, is unlikely to survive me and as I have no interest in living out my days alone and in poverty, my retirement plan is to withdraw any savings the day I stop work and blow it all on hookers & ching in an epic night of debauchery intended to finish me off.

So 13 years and 3 days then :sad:

And I always thought you were a cynical old sod. You are just a cynical young sod.

Brandane

Legendary Member
87, that's 29 years away! I wasn't expecting to get much more than 70 years on the planet, given family history. Oh well, that's my plans for cycle touring in my twilight years fecked; I'll be too old now :wacko:.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I prefer to think I may reach the age of my parents when they died. Both were mid to late 90's so I may have a bit longer left tho' the way I currently feel i am not so sure.

Top Bottom