How long have we got before the Euro blizzards hit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have no fitted snow spiked tyres on the commuter: expect the Stuttgart/Esslingen region to be an oasis of dry and warm weather for the rest of winter.

Snow Studs go on my retro MTB from December - mainly for ICY rides. The Ice Spiker Pro's are awaiting some seriously cold weather to put on the full sus and get out there having a ball.

Snow Studs go on my retro MTB from December - mainly for ICY rides. The Ice Spiker Pro's are awaiting some seriously cold weather to put on the full sus and get out there having a ball.

Would have helped if I'd not had a typo in my post: "no" should be "Now"

If I don't fit them, then at 0630 in the morning at some point in the near future I'll have the choice of trying to fit them rapidly in the freezing cold, or trying to get to the tram stop on snow and ice with semi slick tyres. I've done this before but don't ever want to do it again...

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If I don't fit them, then at 0630 in the morning at some point in the near future I'll have the choice of trying to fit them rapidly in the freezing cold, or trying to get to the tram stop on snow and ice with semi slick tyres. I've done this before but don't ever want to do it again...
You just don't know how to have fun! I commute on the same tyres all year round and adjust my riding style accordingly.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Falling sideways into a snowbank counts as a riding style now?
Very careless of you.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Come to think of it I've not heard from @Unkraut for a while, so perhaps Heilbronn has vanished under a snow drift...
Nope! We have had a vast amount of rain over the weekend but only a small amount of sleet, which doesn't count. Might just be lucky tomorrow in my Neckar the woods (as it were). The real deluge has been to the south in the at this time of year not very aptly named Black Forest.

Did enjoy my last Christmas market in Speyer on Saturday night. They keep it going for some reason until the 6th of Jan. You can get Stollen, if you are that way inclined, dirt cheap on the last day, but on Saturday I was too scared of the fearsome-looking lady running the stall to try to negotiate a reduction in price a day early. (I nicked some instead, only to be promptly arrested by the police for carrying Stollen goods .... )

Nope! We have had a vast amount of rain over the weekend but only a small amount of sleet, which doesn't count. Might just be lucky tomorrow in my Neckar the woods (as it were). The real deluge has been to the south in the at this time of year not very aptly named Black Forest.

Did enjoy my last Christmas market in Speyer on Saturday night. They keep it going for some reason until the 6th of Jan. You can get Stollen, if you are that way inclined, dirt cheap on the last day, but on Saturday I was too scared of the fearsome-looking lady running the stall to try to negotiate a reduction in price a day early. (I nicked some instead, only to be promptly arrested by the police for carrying Stollen goods .... )

Glad to hear you are okay: most Swabians (inhabitants of the Stuttgart region) are convinced that Heilbronn is under a permanent Ice sheet and inhabited by trolls.

Obviously this is nonsense and they are confusing it with Hamburg.

...my Neckar the woods (as it were).

Oh, dear, oh dear...

I was too scared of the fearsome-looking lady running the stall to try to negotiate a reduction in price a day early. (I nicked some instead, only to be promptly arrested by the police for carrying Stollen goods .... )

A slight improvement on 'Neckar the woods'. If you will try to have your cake and eat it...

You just don't know how to have fun! I commute on the same tyres all year round and adjust my riding style accordingly.

I suspect the weather conditions here may be a little different to Ashton-under-Lyme. I also have it on good authoritty that I'm "Unbalanced" so I suspect I need all the help I can get...

Falling sideways into a snowbank counts as a riding style now?

I've managed more embarrasing things than that without the assistance of weather.

Last edited:
Top Bottom