How long have we got before the Euro blizzards hit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Much appreciated. I did wonder if the forum might be doing without you for a considerable time having heard they have nabbed the person responsible for stealing data on German politicians and other worthies ...

Wern't me.

It was all boring anyway...

That is, if I'd stolen it, it would have been boring. Which I haven't.

Glad we sorted that out.

perplexed

Guru
Meanwhile nothing, but nothing, gets in the way of laundry day in the north of England...

(I'm sure someone has posted this before, sorry...)

iceland_woman_snow.jpg

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Meanwhile nothing, but nothing, gets in the way of laundry day in the north of England...

View attachment 446346
You may joke but this is actually not far from the truth!
I did an Evan's Cycles 'Ride It' event from Rochdale in February a couple of winters ago. It was brassic, temperatures peaked around 0˚C during the day. Driving the 10 miles to the start in the morning with my bike on the roofrack and arrived to find the bike had grown a thick crust of fog ice during the trip. Attendance was much reduced due to the weather and road conditions with many roads being iced or frosted for the entire day. Regardless, I set off on the longest route option (had already done the long MTB 'Ride It' route the day before in a heroic back-to-back double ride attempt) and out in the Pennine hills, on the borders between Lancashire and Yorkshire, I passed a solitary farm and hung out on the washing line in the garden, gently creaking in the cold breeze, was the frozen laundry of the family that lived there. God only knows how they thought it would dry?

classic33

Leg End Member
I did an Evan's Cycles 'Ride It' event from Rochdale in February a couple of winters ago. It was brassic, temperatures peaked around 0˚C during the day. Driving the 10 miles to the start in the morning with my bike on the roofrack and arrived to find the bike had grown a thick crust of fog ice during the trip. Attendance was much reduced due to the weather and road conditions with many roads being iced or frosted for the entire day. Regardless, I set off on the longest route option (had already done the long MTB 'Ride It' route the day before in a heroic back-to-back double ride attempt) and out in the Pennine hills, on the borders between Lancashire and Yorkshire, I passed a solitary farm and hung out on the washing line in the garden, gently creaking in the cold breeze, was the frozen laundry of the family that lived there. God only knows how they thought it would dry?
Which side of the border?

subaqua

What’s the point

Maybe they thought along lines of instant coffee...

In reality

Take it off the line when solid give it a good “whipcrack” shake and the frost falls off and it’s pretty dry . Certainly drier than sticking on a clothes horse in front room all day with no heating.

Worked when I was a kid

The thing is, they hung out the washing despite it being freezing, whereas you went out on an uncessary bike ride despite it being freezing.

Mind you, I'd probably have done the same, so I suppose I can't be cheeky.

Define unnecessary.

(especially as I had paid for it) :whistle:

I'll have to spell it properly first...

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
It could be argued that we have approx 10000 years before the next Ice Age which may or may not depend on shifting of the NAD or the risk of 7 more years of hot air from Trump.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

View attachment 446346

Reminds me of a picture one of my MTB mates sent last March - we'd had loads of drifting snow round here, and at the end of his road, the snow had come off the fields onto the road to a good 6 feet. There was a perfect imprint of the front of a van/4x4 in the snow bank (lights, grill, bumper). The message was 'don't try and drive through.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I had a 2 minute flurry of sleet on the ride home today here in Denmark.

I have developed a hacking cough and so I will have a week off the bike and have a rest I think.

Top Bottom