How long have you been Cycling..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I've been riding since I was about 5 years old but only got back into it seriously when I came to Hong Kong 19 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Always cycloed as a kid/young man, moslty for comuting (to and from uni, then from work etc). So I never got kitted up or went out at weekends for long rides, though once in a while a friend would say "come and see us in oxford" or something like that, and i'd think nowt of cycling squillions of miles, getting bevvied then back home the next day... no probs back then. Took up cycling as a hobby (which I guess it is for me) about 5 yrs ago, really, when i left "The Smoke" for "oop north".

justAl

as a teenager I cycled everywhere until I got my first car at age 21, then motorbikes for ten years and went back to cycling about four years ago. And regret ever stopping!

gbb

Legendary Member
Used to commute about 10 miles a day for a few years in the late 70s, then on and off over the next few years, always had racer style bikes tho...

I've only been 'proper' road biking for pleasure and fitness for maybe 6 years now and commute regularly, probably 75% of the time for the last 5 years.

around 15 years. I have been a regular mtber since about 1994 but only in the last 5 years discovered the road to help with mtb race training. now i've had enough of racing i am a plodding cycle tourist and love every minute of it. i can still rip it up off road - it's something i'll never forget how to do, as i've been doing it for so long...!

48 years... So far

postman

Legendary Member
21 years.Needed something to fill the time after getting divorced.Packed in doing massive amounts of overtime.Needed to get my head right.Fireman mate of mine told me to get a bike and get out.Brilliant advice.Just love it.

simonali

Guru
Probably since I started riding to school aged 13 or 14, so 26-27 years. Tapered off considerably when I passed my driving test at the age of 27. Only do it for pleasure and fair weather commuting now, but used to do around 300 miles a week!

Top Bottom