1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long have you been Cycling..

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 27 Apr 2008.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

How long have you been riding - I ask this as ive been 'at it' for over 15yrs..

As I've seen riders on the scene come and go...which is quite sad really !

Some really great characters and pretty good physically too :biggrin:

2. 20 years plus. My peak was about ten years ago, when I had a 23 mile commute each way. I've been going steadily downhill ever since.

3. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

bout 14 yrs......

4. beanzontoast

beanzontoast Veteran

Since I was 10 (40+years ago - Cycling Proficiency badge to prove it!), but only as a commuter for about 6 years.

5. dangerousjules

dangerousjules New Member

been riding since my dad took the stabbilisers off when i was four. there has'nt been much distance between me and a bike since then and i turn 30 this year!

6. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Been riding for >40 yrs. Approaching 200,000 miles. Hoping to get that far by end of the year.

7. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Proper road cycling since I was 16 - 22 years now !

8. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

I started in the 70's, and began riding shortly after. so thats 30+ years

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

only been this serious about it in the last two years.

10. I learnt to ride a bike in the mid 70s and have been riding ever since. But I'd have said I've been a "serious" cyclist since the mid 80s.

11. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Started on my 'fixed' when I was a toddler, then had a series of bikes as a yoof, then just an old hack to get around on in my 20s and early 30s. Only been 'serious' for the last four years, but I'm here to stay now.

It-has-taken-over-my-life! ;)

12. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Since I was about 7, making 38 years on 2 wheels. I cycled most places when I was a kid to get around. More serious cycling from 1982, when I became a student in London, even started riding fixed in 1983 (oh, it's only a fashion thing) and been a "Real" cyclist on and off ever since....getting more serious with every year!

13. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Staff Member

As a kid, then a 20 + year break before I started again about 2 years ago... regretting that wasted time in between:sad:

14. Night Train

Night Train Guest

I used to cycle for miles daily just for fun but then I hit 17 and started driving lessons.

I bought my current bike in 2000 and use it now and again as a fair weather cyclists though I really want to get beyond that.

15. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

I rode my first race in 1969.