How long is the Winter of 07/08 going to last?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
It seems to be dragging its feet somewhat the wind has been rather harsh the last 2 nights on my way into and home from work, wish the winter would just bugger off.

curve

Look's like early may should see some warming up. :wacko:

dudi

wellI was going to go out for 50+ miles today, but the wind is at 23mph as will be a direct headwind on the inbound leg... I can't be doing it battling through that... will have to wait until tomorrow.

or may.

dudi said:
wellI was going to go out for 50+ miles today, but the wind is at 23mph as will be a direct headwind on the inbound leg... I can't be doing it battling through that... will have to wait until tomorrow.

or may.

My thoughts exactly. When I'm commuting, I don't mind conditions too much because I know I have no choice in the matter, but on rest days I like my weather to be supportive, even encouraging.

Roll on some decent early morning sunshine too, please...

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Guys, am in total agreement.
One usually hopes that with the lighter evenings comes more clement weather, but this year it's just been miserable, cold and sooo much wind, even down sarf. Supposed to be out for a 50 miler this afternoon, but looking out the window, grey skies, mild bouts of precipitation and a gusty breeze is not filling me with enthusiasm. If it wasn't for the fact I'm going with my riding buddy, I'd be heading back to bed until the sun shines.
I'm getting cheesed-off with sticking all my winter gear on to go for a bike-ride.

dudi

oh well.. one good thing came out of it. I have dedicated the last 2 hours to fixing a problem on my computer that meant my wife couldn't run a piece of software she needs for her degree course.

it now works, and I shall wait until she finds it then claim my reward.

a productive morning after all!

Bigtallfatbloke

I hope it will end soon because I seriously need to be getting in some long rides asap with the bags etc....100km every day minimum with a full load is what I need to be able to do in the summer...at the moment I am only on 25 miles twice a week.....without any bags.

curve

I was hoping to do my first ever 30 miler today but didn't fancy it in the rain. Fingers crossed for Sunday which looks to be a better day.

Milo

Guru
Well I got me seatpost rack today. Just need a cheap 1 person tent and some cable ties to force the pannier on and when the sun comes out I can pootle about for a couple of days.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Car washed, commuter polished then went shopping instead - took the train into Manchester with the kids and my wife, then the Tram into the centre (I know lazy, but the kids really enjoy train and tram rides).

Just bought a load of cheap t-shirts and stuff for our hols. Grabbed an ice cream, then headed home !

About to start cooking tea soon.........

Bike tomorrow I think, or maybe not.

went out for a hilly 60 miles over the trough of bowland with my son. both of us in full winter kit. cold cross wind over the first climb of waddington fell (he likes climbing) thankfully a tailwind over the trough to scorton, the 27 miles of bitterly cold headwind home!
even the descents weren't good with gusting cross winds.oh for a day without these winds.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Aperitif said:
I'm going out in about half an hour - fed up like Fab. This morning I took my avatar out for a walk with hat, ear warmers, waterproof coat and bloody gloves on!*
So sod it weather - I'm coming to get you! :ohmy::tired:

;)

* not Jack - me...

Well, I went out....didn't feel like going, but I'd made a commitment.
It was windy cold, spitting darts of rain, my legs didn't want to go round. Somehow managed to climb Whitehorse hill and slipstreamed my 2 mates most of the way home. Only 42 miles in longer time than the harder route we normally take. Feel completely crap, achey, hot, knackered. Considering taking-up snooker....(not).

Top Bottom