How long is the Winter of 07/08 going to last?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I didn't ride today myself, had some windy walks with the dog instead.

I got a lift over to Oldham and saw a good few hardy souls out and about on two wheels. Chapeau. I'm glad I saved my energy.

Linda

Well, I finally bit the bullet and treated myself to some decent winter tights after nearly dying of hypothermia and knacking my poor cold knees in.

Expect imminent heatwave. :thumbsdown:

Blue

Legendary Member
So far this week I have managed 205 miles (highest weekly total of 2008 so far). However, today is a day of rest - I am just knackered from hammering myself into a never ending headwind. Jez, I even had to brave lashing hail a couple of days ago - this time last year the weather was almost tropical!!!

Oldlegs

Frogs are people too.
All winters end eventualy but this one is well overdue:angry:

Could someone run global warming past me again.

mondobongo

Über Member
Blue said:
I am just knackered from hammering myself into a never ending headwind.

Yep, its been relentless no matter which way I turn its into the wind or joy of joy they combine for some nice crosswind just got in from another 5 miles in the wind commute.

Supposed to get better by Wednesday...apparently...

snorri

Legendary Member
A quick look at Cyclogs tells me there has only been one month since January 2005 that my monthly mileage has been lower than this month:sad:
Let's hope the weather is more cycle friendly for the last 10 days of April.:smile:

It was a bit windy today but the weather was really nice otherwise. I did 57 mls on the flat bar, I wished I'd done it on the drops I averaged only 13mph:blush:. It was a great ride though.
Hopefully summers here at last, when I got home and relaxed I saw my first bumblebee of the season.

mondobongo

Über Member
Hope your right Snorri. Have to get a ride in at some point tomorrow would really like a nice Evening type ride heres hoping. Metcheck showing some cloud and wind speed of 11mph gusting to 13mph fairly tropical then.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's very variable up here in Northumberland... 2 weeks ago I was out in 3/4 and two layers, last Fri I was all dressed up for winter, and Sunday I was back in the 3/4 and fingelress mitts, but froze me toes and fingers!

Well I though today was quite nice. Very breezy but the bitterness has gone out the wind, which is a marked change from the last two weeks. All the snow has gone off the hills in the last few days as well.

Your reporter in the outpost of London wore longs, arm warmers but fingerless mitts, along with a base layer and the ubiquitous CC jersey...
Didn't get a dose of rain until about Marble Arch though.
And - as I am reasonably wrapped, the sun is peeking through the clouds ready to unleash a wave of hotness for the return trip... :smile: :biggrin:
Time for a flapjack!:smile:

Top Bottom