How long is the Winter of 07/08 going to last?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
Beautiful spring weather here in Holland and it has been for a couple of weeks. Mornings are a bit fresh and crispy, as they should be, but once the sun comes out it's gorgeous. I was in Oslo over the weekend and it was the same there, too.

It was so warm this morning that I was able dispense with my thick fleecy longs and wear the ordinary ones.

Tetedelacourse

In Walker's moving to Oz thread, someone said they wouldn't want too much of one type of weather. That's a good way of thinking about the weather here - it's nothing if not varied!

Just get your overshoes and jacket on (along with your 3/4s or shorts and knee-warmers) and off you go!

Wouldn't mind a cyclist's tan though, chance would be a fine thing.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Patrick Stevens said:
It was so warm this morning that I was able dispense with my thick fleecy longs and wear the ordinary ones.
...enough about your bedroom habits, what about cycling? :biggrin:;):smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Was pretty warm this evening on the bike - as it's forecast to be fine - I'll crack the road bike out for the commute for the first time - longer route in then a 15-20 mile route home I think !!!

Supposed to be a bit wet later in the week but the temps are coming up !!

mondobongo

Über Member
Definitely warmer, the wind had lost a lot of its bite, managed to do my half century this evening was almost Summeresque 51.22 miles in 2.58.38.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Great this morning - got the road bike out..whoooo....went the longer hilly 10 miles to work instead. Going for the 20 mile home leg tonight... 17c forecast this afternoon....fantastic. Road bike is keeping me company in the office - certainly not leaving that outside.

mondobongo

Über Member
Back to square one this morning, cold raining and a headwind felt like November all over again. Dont even get me started on those bloody idiots in cars and suv's.

well we've had two afternoons when the sky has been a strange blue colour with some sort of yellowish blob glowing brightly.
we must be due a drought warning soon.;)

Top Bottom