How long is your journey to work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
New office soon, which will see me cut from 42.8 miles per day to somewhere shy of 36. Normally 3 days per week. Currently 5.

I'll miss it... :ohmy:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Somewhere between 7 & 8 miles each way, every working day (unless there's ice/packed snow on the roads). About 25-30 mins, depending on wind 'n weather.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I think I'm turning into a bit of a "fair weather" commuter as my trips in have averaged only 1 a week for the last 6 weeks (although all 6 been over the last 2 weeks as I skipped most of December and January).

But, when I am "in the zone" I run at about 38-40 miles (depending on route) round trip 3 times a week, so clock up around 114-120 miles a week.

That seem's to be enough for me as I can never manage more without feeling really tired towards the end of the week.

EDIT* (Chitty is currently laid up and will return to the tarmac on Monday/Tuesday...with a new drive system...can't wait!!)

potsy

Rambler
ianrauk said:
since I last posted in this (resurrected) thread I have upped my commute from 26 miles to 32-35 miles round trip 5 days a week.
Some going that ian,you don't look like some lightweight race machine in the pics I've seen;)

potsy

Rambler
Mine is between 18.5 and 19.5 mile round trip depending on the route home,sometimes go a slightly longer but safer way back.
Try to do as many days as I can,usually 4 a week,but the weather stopped me for nearly 5 weeks over Xmas.

Brahan

Über Member
I have a number of different routes to and from work. The shortest journey to work is 9 miles and pretty much all down hill so I can spank that route like the clappers but with the lighter mornings/evenings I sometimes put an extra 20 miles in through the hills around Sussex. But on the roads I don't know too well, I've been caught off guard at night by a few sneaky potholes. :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I only occasionally commute (more in spring/summer, winter once a week on average) but it's about 17 miles each way, depending on route taken.

12-16 miles each way, depending on the route. It usually takes me 40 minutes to an hour on the12 mile route.

gbb

Legendary Member
5 mile round trip for me B). The consolation is, i never look outside and think...errr car or bike...it's always the bike.
Mind, todays commute was pushing 20 miles. They think i'm nuts at work, ride in, get a coffee then do a quick circuit to double the mornings mileage, then 3 circuits round town to get home.

lantern rouge

13 miles each way, 9 sets of traffic lights and a security guard/gatehouse to contend with.

averaged approx 45-46 minutes on the Carrera, hopefully the new bike will help me go a minute or two quicker this year.

shift worker, so just waiting for the clocks to change, temp to go up a degree or two and a spring shower to wash away the last of the road filth!!

not exactly hardcore eh?!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
lantern rouge said:
13 miles each way, 9 sets of traffic lights and a security guard/gatehouse to contend with.

averaged approx 45-46 minutes on the Carrera, hopefully the new bike will help me go a minute or two quicker this year.

shift worker, so just waiting for the clocks to change, temp to go up a degree or two and a spring shower to wash away the last of the road filth!!

not exactly hardcore eh?!

9 sets of traffic lights? want to swap with my 100+ lights?

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
17 to 19 Miles round trip. Shortest route has a monster hill but is a good mile shorter than the next shortest. Only one or two sets of lights;)B)

Top Bottom