How long is your journey to work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
itchyrider said:
Mine is 9.2 miles eachway is this long?
Ps: and takes 35mins eachway.
Compared to mine it is. I'm only 3.3 - 5 miles depending upon which route I take. It could be interesting tonight apparently one of the main roads I took this morning is now shut.

Edit: :thumbsdown: I forgot to say how long it takes, usually 15-25 minutes

fofo

about 3.5 miles each way - takes about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic lights

it may be quicker soon as the road that slows me down is being completely resurfaced :thumbsdown:

6-7 miles each way, depending on route. Or a lot longer if it's a nice evening and I've got nothing to rush for.

Typically takes 25-35 minutes depending on wind direction and speed, how weary I am, if I want to look at the pretty Autumn colours, if I stop to chat to anyone. You get the drift. :thumbsdown:

Willow

About 7.5 miles depending on route takes 35 minutes going and 30 coming home. Annoyingly there is still one steep hill that always manages to catch me out on the gears - even managed to lose chain today.

My bike is a mongoose hybrid, road is very up and down, surface very rough in places can tell the difference in speed on the smooth bits in fact in some places I try to cycle on the white line marking the side of the road just to get a smoother ride!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ArDee said:
13 miles each way, normally around 38 mins, fastest 34 mins, slowest 52 mins

wow, also 13 miles each way, fastest 51 minutes.
But on a hybrid with rear pannier and a few bugger hills to get over on they way home.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
5.1 miles in and 5.9 home.... take the picturesque route back through Battersea Park and avoid Vauxhall! Fastest in is about 21mins and home is 25 mins dead - sluggish I know but I am a bit of a pie eater :thumbsdown:

Funtboy

ArDee said:
13 miles each way, normally around 38 mins, fastest 34 mins, slowest 52 mins

Feck me. Are you on a motorbike?

PBancroft

My commute is about 12 miles. It take me an hour, give or take a few minutes. I have a few beastly hills, and I am riding a hybrid with a pannier... but the truth is I'm a pretty slow rider.

RSV_Ecosse

Mine is about 16 to 17 miles each way, depending on what route I take.

Usually manage it in about 55-60 minutes, but then I am a newbie to road cycling, at least thats my excuse. :smile:

Top Bottom