How long is your journey to work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcb2080

10 miles each way

35 min in mostly downhill (initially 45 min)

45 min home mostly uphill (initially 60 min)

Only being cycling since June

These times are before and after a 12 hour shift as well, so I am no doing too bad at the moment:biggrin: although next year I am hoping to try and trim about another five minutes off, if that doesn't work I will be buying a road bike for spring summer commute:becool:

19.5 each way. Time depends on the wind which is usually head on for at least half the journey. Usually manage 1 hour 20 minutes without rushing.

Woody11

10 miles each way - only started cycling to work in July, took me 55 minutes on MTB. Bought a racing bike in August and now do it in about 40-45 minutes there, 35 minutes on the way back as it is more downhill.

mine is about 6 miles a day round trip but I tend to take detours on the way home. to get to work takes about 16 mins on way home takes longer as i take detours or i am just to tired :smile:

About 4.75 miles each way 5 days a week. Mostly downhill on the way to work (except for the Clyde Tunnel!) and uphill on the way back. I must admit I don't know my times. I'll have to look it up on one of my videos. Are these times, total times or cycling times. There are a couple of light sets at the start that can hold me up quite a bit!

baggytrousers

About 8 miles each way - It took me 52 minutes on my very first run 2 years ago and it's down to around 30 mins now - I ride in all weathers except ice but we haven't had too much of that lately - not down here anyway.

ravi

i ride my Raleigh Freeride (mountain bike) 12 miles each way, which takes me an hour and 20 mins minimum. mind you i do have several uphills to climb as well as riding on open roads passing through open fields.

At the moment i 've got a mid 70 's Falcon sirocco in the rebuild process, once its alive i am looking forward to cut atleast 15 to 20 minutes of my journey (hopefully).

Chappy

Guru
7.5 Miles each way about 30 mins per trip depends on wind :biggrin: Love it.

Currently 24.5 miles which takes between 1 and a half and two hours. I'm still yet to do both ways in the same day, although finances dictate I shall have to for the next two days as I don't have money for the train.

Cubist

Still wavin'
6 miles in, takes between 15 and 18 minutes depending on traffic. 6 miles home, takes between 35 and 45 minutes depending on headwind, energy, motivation, etc etc!

Top Bottom