How long is your journey to work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
11.2 Km (7ml in old money), 29 mins out, 20 home, guess which way is up hill...

John-XTC

6 miles each way, yet the return home is all uphill, and I live in one of the highest points in my city, uphill cycling is a great workout.

martynjc1977

Veteran
18 miles each way taking me about 1h 30m on an 32lb MTB with off road tires on and some knarly hills lol.
I really need to change my bike lol.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Shortest is a 17.5 mile round trip but often I'll take to the lanes on the way home for a longer option of 25-30 miles total.

I'll do that today if it isn't raining- I had ginger steamed pudding and custard with my lunch.

I practically never miss a day. Last time I got my bus was because we were evacuated from site due to a nearby fire and I had to leave my bike overnight.

wlc1

I do Surrey to Battersea ( about 19 miles) in about 54 mins at 0415am..... going home at 1900hrs -about 1hr and 20 mins - mainly cos I'm knackered after a very long day.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Blimey - some of you peeps do amazing distances. For me, about 7-8 miles each way, around 30 minutes.

Bugner

12-14 miles each way depending on route, 95% miles of it in London/london boroughs, not the most scenic of rides, although coming over London Bridge a.m with the Sun rising silouetting Tower Bridge and HMS Belfast creates amazing picture opportunities:biggrin:

OP
OP
itchyrider

itchyrider

Aka Chris
I agree with that (the bridges of london) isnt it just beautifull..
Bugner said:
12-14 miles each way depending on route, 95% miles of it in London/london boroughs, not the most scenic of rides, although coming over London Bridge a.m with the Sun rising silouetting Tower Bridge and HMS Belfast creates amazing picture opportunities:biggrin:

John-XTC

Bugner said:

I lived in london for 24 years and I do miss the city! can imagine it must be awesome to cycle in the early hours, do you ever take any photos ?

Moose

8.5 miles to 17.4 miles depending on weather, season and mood, but most of the time 10.6 miles. Going to work is definitely faster/easier as my best time for the 10.6 miles is 33 minutes (I'd say the average is 36 minutes), best time on the way back 38 minutes (average about 42 minutes).

I commute on a MTB with Schwalbe Hurricane tyres so that I can go on or off-road depending on the factors metioned above, but most recently I've stuck to the roads so from next week I think I'm swapping to the single speed.

Top Bottom