How long is your journey to work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mine is 17 each way, so in a week I do 170 miles.
Since the 1st of Jan, I have covered 1054 miles, as the weather was so bad I had to take the car.

Best time ever was 53 minutes not bad for a 5 pm rush hour ride home, but my normal time is an hour.

Started to cycle to work in June 2009, I am now at 4700 miles. At 5,000 I am going to treat myself to a very bad take away meal !

levad

Veteran
13 miles each way, 5 days a week.

No 'A' roads, nearly no street lights, no road markings, no traffic lights, no traffic, plenty of birds of prey (Buzzards, Red Kite, Kestrel, Owls), deer, foxes etc. It's nice out in the sticks :smile:

Plenty of ice (visible and black) at 5:30am even this week.

Takes 50-60 minutes to work, 40-50 minutes coming home.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
since I last posted in this (resurrected) thread I have upped my commute from 26 miles to 32-35 miles round trip 5 days a week.

If I was to go direct my commute would be 3.5-4 miles. Which is far too short, so I have 14 mile route I use which takes me around 40 minutes depending on weather/traffic etc. When im feeling energetic I can add to this route and make anything uo to 29 miles. Just depends if I have enough time.
I sometimes leave home with Mrs AFs words ringing in my ears ' Im sure you love that bike more than me.' :smile::smile:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Crappy 6 miles each way,no interesting scenery,just houses,parked cars,and various idiot drivers ! Wish it could be modified but it would only include more of the above ......i wish i lived in the sticks :smile:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
4.74 miles each way, with 15 traffic lights. I won't post the time taken but, suffice it to say, that huge hill on the Chelsea Embankment slows me down a bit.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
I used think it was about 10 miles e/w, then I plotted it on bikley and it turns out to be a paltry 8.6 miles http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Commute-by-road I don't time it accurately, but no one passes Watt-O on the A21 !

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
According to google 9.87miles , 10.21 by my speedo

so i averaged it out at 10 each way taking anywhere from 35-45 minutes depending on my condition/ weather etc.

6 Miles ish, it takes me about 30-35 mins to get in and about 10 mins longer to get up the hills on the way home.
As I live on a south west facing coast the wind can be a powerful factor effecting my commuting times

AdamBlade

Used to be 6 mile each way taking 25 mins on way out and 35 on way back. This was before I changed jobs in Jan. Now down to 3 each way, 15 mins out and 25 back.

Top Bottom