How low are the reservoirs where you live?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
If you've got a problem with that, maybe the gas suppliers should keep "their" gas in their parts of the country, too? And the power stations should supply only the villages that surround them.

Oh, and "someone told me".......... Yep, that'll stand up in court.
Yeah but gas isn't a problem in 'making it'! Gas doesn't affect the locals,it's been there for years. Rain on the other hand is plentiful, too plentiful in these parts! My point is we get wet too much so we should at least keep the damned stuff not let it go to places that have more :sun: than :rain: :thanks:

Edit..and you're only jealous because we have such scenery, as you can see in the video,unlike your :tired:flatlands.:okay:

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Yeah but gas isn't a problem in 'making it'! Gas doesn't affect the locals,it's been there for years. Rain on the other hand is plentiful, too plentiful in these parts! My point is we get wet too much so we should at least keep the damned stuff not let it go to places that have more :sun: than :rain: :thanks:

If you keep all the wet stuff you won't have enough room to keep the new wet stuff that arrives. In fact we should be charging you to take your excess wet stuff away.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Anglia Water reports that all reservoirs are within normal levels. The drought followed one of the longest and wettest winters for years, so groundwater levels were high, and stored water levels were high, before the drought started.

Here are the actual figures, (rather than anecdotal evidence) from the Environment Agency. It is broken up into regions. These reports are updated monthly, so I guess the August figures will be out soon.

It was a bloody wet winter.
Ground water was very high so that helped in the flat lands thankfully.

simonali

Guru
No idea, they're all underground here! This is a nearby one and I can't help noticing that the house next door to it has a swimming pool. Coincidence?

Screenshot_20180905-130248.png

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hanningfield reservoir near me is three quarters full.
What i don't understand is that essex is one of the driest counties in england yet we have no problem but further up north where it rains a lot more have had drought problems.Maybe it has to do with larger cities nearby.?
Maybe it is actually to do with the fact that it hardly rained up here for the whole summer? :whistle: (Yes, we do normally get quite a lot of rain and it is has been raining off and on for the past couple of weeks.)
This is the nearest reservoir to me,about 2 miles away. https://www.great-harwood.org.uk/about/Places/Countryside/Dean Res.htm

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ZUtokoObQ

I haven't been up there for about 4 months,but the last time i went up it was quite full,though someone told me the other week that it's only half full and they've installed 'huge pumps' to pump our water to drier parts of the country.:cursing:

Well, we had a terrible drought here in 1995. The reservoirs were all running dry. In the end they had to send convoys of water tankers down with water from Kielder Reservoir and dump it into Scammonden Reservoir from the M62 which runs along the top of the dam.

So, I don't think the North West can moan about people nicking our water when we were desperate to nick theirs when it suited us! :laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
Dunno, there are none near me!

classic33

Leg End Member
Maybe it is actually to do with the fact that it hardly rained up here for the whole summer? :whistle: (Yes, we do normally get quite a lot of rain and it is has been raining off and on for the past couple of weeks.)

Well, we had a terrible drought here in 1995. The reservoirs were all running dry. In the end they had to send convoys of water tankers down with water from Kielder Reservoir and dump it into Scammonden Reservoir from the M62 which runs along the top of the dam.

So, I don't think the North West can moan about people nicking our water when we were desperate to nick theirs when it suited us! :laugh:

Also at the former Websters reservoir. Through the town centre and up Pellon Lane.

Yorkshire Water is Kielder Water.

Top Bottom