How low are the reservoirs where you live?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
If it doesn't rain again for the rest of the year we will still have webbed feet up here.:rain:
Yep, no danger of us ever being short of water. Here's our local reservoir at the height of this summer's errrrr, drought thing, whatever one of them might be....

nachchaduwa-wewa-overflowing.jpg

Slick

Guru
Yep, no danger of us ever being short of water. Here's our local reservoir at the height of this summer's errrrr, drought thing, whatever one of them might be....

View attachment 428692
I cycled passed it on my way down your way one day not long ago. I went straight home and started gathering water from my roof as part of a water management plan. Just in case.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
View attachment 428695 View attachment 428696 Cycled past Baitings Reservoir a few days ago, and it’s very low. Old road and bridge fully exposed, more so than last time it was so low a few years ago. Went past again today and took some snaps.
Wow - I've never seen it like that before!

Funnily enough, I was thinking I that I'd like to ride there again soon. I might go and take a look at it next week.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The last time I looked, Thames Water said that there was absolutely no chance of water shortages in my area. (Am I allowed to call it "my area").

Lozz360

Veteran
Reservoir levels are not always an indication of whether water supplies are plentiful or lacking. For instance, during prolonged periods of heavy rainfall, Thames Water will allow our local reservoir, Farmoor, to deplete by not topping it up from the Thames. This is so that chemicals from Thames Valley farmland that gets washed into the river doesn’t then get into the reservoir and cost them to filter it out when processing it for the water supply. Conversely, when we have long periods of dry weather, the reservoir level is kept high (they pump water from the river) so we have sufficient in reserve.

Natural reservoirs are different of course.

River levels are a better indication of droughts IMHO.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
82B9B79E-1550-45D9-8400-B4CBA2E079CB.jpeg

Pitsford Res, Northants, this morning. Pretty well full.

:smile:

Top Bottom