How many bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoyPSB

Über Member
I lost count, but around 100, slightly over half of which were mountain bikes. I currently own four with another one on the way. Plus half a mountain bike. Plus a big pile of scrap round the side of the garage from which i could probably cobble another three.

100 bikes! That is astonishing.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
But in answer to your question:

Maverick single speed, no idea what make it was but I know I had it because my dad refused to get a bmx 'because the parts are expensive'

Raleigh Grifter, which was so heavy you got trapped under it, like falling off a motorbike

Raleigh Mustang, which served me through many years and many many prangs

Raleigh Montana (I think) which is still my current MTB

Claude Butler Dalesman, very much second hand, my first road bike and the first bike I really really love,

I have a single speed in progress being built with parts generously donated by friends

middleagecyclist

Call me MAC
15-18 over the years including the 4 I have at present - an old Marin Bear Valley (hack & town bike), a Santos Travelmaster (commute & tour bike), a Marin Rocky Ridge (trail & XC bike) and a Verenti Rhigos 0.3 (road & sunny weather bike). Need more...

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
I've used all my fingers, all my toes and took my undies off, got upto 21 but I've lost count now so I don't know :wacko:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I drooled after a raleigh grifter, but never got one.

Weird red/black thing was my first bike when I was 6 I think.

Then a blue peugeot racer

I then built my own out of thrown away bits which were all sort of flat bar hybrids.

Then a new MTB when I was 17. I have no idea what happened to that.

Then nothing until last year when I bought the crosstrail (going)

And now the felt z6 which I love

+1 is going to be a caadx 105 end of this month which will wear the felts mavics when I put some dura ace c24s on it :hyper:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Apart from my early kids knockabout second hand bikes, and my Holdsworth 10 speed racer in the 1970's, that my brother borrowed and never returned :sad:,and also that Apollo mountain bike, i've kept to the two for the last 14 years. I use my trusted Carrera for going on rougher rides,like the pub ;), and my Scott Carbon fibre thingy(should've been 1200 quid but got it for 800 10 years ago)for my ego.

GrasB

Veteran
It's kind of hard to say how many bikes I've had as I build my own & rebuild around new frames etc. Currently I own 7 bikes spread over 3 countries.

simon.r

Person
Hmm, this thread takes me down memory lane!

As a child:

Tricycle
Blue bike (20" wheels?)
Red racer

As a born-again cycling adult (in no particular order):

MTBs:
Trek Antelope (850?)
Diamond Back Alu
Diamond Back steel (Ascent?)
Diamond Back XR8 (full sus)
Proflex Beast
Raleigh Mirage
Raleigh Ti (x2)
Omega Ti
On One Inbred SS (x2)
Surly SS
Cotic Soul
Univega
Dawes SS
On One Ti Inbred SS

Road:
Raleigh MTrax 200
Decathlon
Planet X Kaffenback
On One Pompino (x2)
On-One Macinato
Thorn Raven
Joe Waugh SS
On-One Pompetamine

Folders:
Dahon Speed-Pro
Birdy Green
Giant Halfway

Tandems:
Phillips Duo
Ammaco Twosome

I suspect there are a few more that don't come to mind at the moment.

Many of the above were bought cheaply and sold on after a year or two, some were expensive mistakes!

gbb

Legendary Member
Reading earlier posts, I saw one mentioning solid tyres, oh yes, had one with them when I was maybe 8.

Mike!

Guru
My bike history goes ;
Grifter
Chopper
A Barbican drop bar - loved this until the frame snapped, it took lots of teenage abuse!
Raleigh MTB (forget the model)
Scott Tampico MTB
Voodoo Hoodoo Cyclo-Cross
Specialized Sirrus
and my current crop;
Argon 18 Radon (best bike)
Boardman CX Team (commuter and winter)
Specilized Hardrock Pro (snow and family plodder)

So that's 10 in about 30 years, must try harder!

Top Bottom