How many Brooks saddles to you own?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Manonabike

Manonabike

Über Member
I have a love/hate relationship with my Brooks, I love the way it looks, but after 26,000 miles it still a pain-in-butt after 50 miles, why I don't know, but I don't know what to replace it with.

You don't say what model/s you have.

I did have a similar experience and changing my riding style made a big difference. I increased pedalling cadence and I notice that I can get to 70 miles without feeling the pain I used to feel on the same bike and the same saddle at the 50 miles mark. The only conclusion I can draw from that is that in order to increase the cadence and maintain the speed I needed to drop a couple of gears.... in doing so I found that I was riding at about the same speed as before but at the 50 miles mark I feel I can still go on riding for ages, while before I would be suffering..... I would still carry on but my speed would drop and my butt would not be happy :biggrin: ..... I suspect that less speed made me put more weight on the saddle and less on the pedals, resulting in an uncomfortable ride. I have not had a chance to push my new riding style beyond 70 miles so I can't say the problem is 100% solved, however, in the past even a shorter ride with a headwind would bring that sense of always trying to find the right spot on the saddle but now I can cope well even on a 26 miles ride with a headwind. So I guess for me the problem is due to the lack of fitness for my weight which incidentally is about 16 stones at the moment.

I've got a B17 (I think) on my tourer. The rest of my bikes have a San Marco Rolls each.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
None. And it will be None for the rest of my life.

Ugly, heavy things that people with cloth hats and sandals use. The ramblers of the cycling world. :tongue: You'll all be joining the CTC next. :whistle: :biggrin: :tongue:

Nearly pulled my ex. clubmate up last week - he's got a CTC sticker on his bike. He deffo needs a slap as he was the club's real hardcore racer - used to go out with the Pros. :whistle:

PpPete

Legendary Member
Black Swift on Galaxy
Honey Swift on Yukon
Dark Brown Competition on Tandem
Dark Brown Competition on Fixed

OH has a B17S on her Galaxy

One - a B17S in honey. It's not broken in really, even though I've had it for over a year - it looks wrong on the road bike and I don't want to put it on the commuting hybrid as it's too nice to leave outside in all weathers! :wacko: It's currently on no. 3 bike, a vintage mixte that doesn't get used (intending to convert it from drops to north road bars as a city bike, but not got round to it yet). It looks pretty though! :rolleyes:

snailracer

Über Member
[QUOTE 1550637"]
Own a Brooks? I'd rather perch myself for hours on an obsolete, oversensitive, uncomfortable lump of leather.
[/quote]
Do you find leather shoes uncomfortable as well?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Three Pros. The oldest is about 30yrs old. It supported me round over 1000 miles in nine days a few weeks ago.

Davidc

Guru
B17 (mine)
B66S (wifes)

Magic backside perches.

Mine's off the bike at present while I'm trialling a spoon, but it'll be back before I do any long rides again.

BirdOnnaBike

I have 2 bikes and 2 Brooks saddles.

1 B67-S
1 B17 Special (only bought last week to replace Cannondale's own saddle)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Two black and one honey B17 - the bees knees.
One B17 narrow - a little too narrow for me.

Top Bottom