How many Brooks saddles to you own?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oxo

Guru
I have thought about buying a Brooks in the past to go on a Trek hybrid. How do you decide which is the right one for you?

I have thought about buying a Brooks in the past to go on a Trek hybrid. How do you decide which is the right one for you?

That is a very good question, and not just for Brooks saddles. It's about time that saddle manufacturers came up with a system that fits saddles to bums using science rather than the current try it and see. With the exception of a very few shops / schemes where you can borrow a saddle, buying a saddle seems to me to be a matter of luck and therefore often a waste of money.

spark303

Guru
Honey B17 Special on the tourer
Brown B17 Special on the Brompton
Honey B17 Standard on the Moulton Deluxe
Black B17 Standard on the 1948 Raleigh Clubman
Black Swift Titanium, Green B17 Special, Green B17S Standard, B5N and Competition in the spares box for the moment...:whistle:

aberal

Guru
Honey Team Pro on my tourer - Cannondale T2000, 20 years old and getting comfier as the year go by.
Black Swift on my road bike - Cannondale R600, lovely bike but famously with a frame as stiff as a stiff thing.

Bought the Swift earlier this year when I finally admitted defeat on my fancy Selle Italia(s) - tried two on the R600 with same results. Sore *rse. Fine up to around 30 miles or so - increasingly painfull thereafter and after 50 miles virtually unbearable. This on a bike I've owned for 10 years. Don't really know why I put up with it and not get a Brooks earlier, other than the kind of reasons expressed by someone earlier. Added weight, uncool looks, zero kudos. Decided that kudos didn't matter, couldn't care less frankly what other people think - uncool looks didn't apply because the saddle looks absolutely brilliant on the bike, and as for weight...turns out the extra weight at 200gms is the equivalent of two medium size tomatoes and I'm at least two stone overweight. So why worry? I didn't have to break it in either - more or less instant comfiness from the word go.

onscuba

Brown B17 on my Touring bike - bliss

B17 narrow (2nd hand on ebay) for my MTB :huh:

Swift on my Road bike ;)

Just bought a top notch copper rivets Ladies B17 (from ebay and never used) for the wife but she is as unimpressed as an unimpressed thing.:sad:

I'd like to get hold of a black B15 Swallow to put on my road bike....

yello

1 - a black B17N Imperial

Thinking of getting a B17N for my Raleigh Competition.

It took me a few thou km to be convinced (and that's not it breaking in, that's me getting used to it!) but now I wouldn't part with it. It's was never an uncomfortable ride but undoubtedly firm!

raindog

er.....
What a bunch of big girl's blouses. Drew Bruck just competed in Paris-Brest-Paris - have a look at his saddle.
smile.gif

[font="'Lucida Grande"]

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS4TWWpeeN8&feature=player_embedded

[/font]

zigzag

Veteran
one b17 and one b17n, both in black. i can use many different saddles for shorter distances (up to 100-200km) provided that i wear padded shorts. on brooks saddle i can ride long distances in padded or non-padded shorts, doesn't make much of a difference - still comfortable. this can be useful when touring - you can carry a lot of non padded lycra shorts while padded ones are bulky and take a lot of space and are not quick to dry after washing them.

diapason

Only one at the moment - Team Pro - had it for about ten years. I sold a B17 with a bike a while back. When I get n+1 (Brompton) then I'll have an excuse for a nice shine B66 :becool:

Top Bottom