How many cyclists at your office?

How may people at your work cycle?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

normskirus

Veteran
Hi

In my area im the only cyclist - been commuting since sept 07. But for the organisation as a whole, including the students, I would say there may be as many as 20+ all year cyclists and as many as 30+ occasional cyclists

Normskirus

skrx

According to an internal survey in 2007, 24% of people here cycle to work, which is ~150. It's probably more now, but we have several sets of bike racks so I can't count.

(The number of people driving, taking a bus, taking a train/tube or walking is roughly the same -- just under 1/5 each.)

Moodyman

Legendary Member
30-50 cyclists from 3000+ employees (several blue chips based in one large office park).

Less than 10 all weather.

Jezston

Über Member
A better question might be what percentage of people at your place of work cycle.

While theres about 15 at my work, this is of a company with 300 or so employees. That's a rather rubbish 5%.

Also couldn't tell you how many are all year and fair weather as many of them seem to leave their bikes here over the winter judging by the number of totally flat tyres there are in the shed when I come back after christmas!

fimm

Veteran
Two or three all weather cyclists, another two or three who do most weathers, then some who do a couple of days a week or are more fair-weather. Quite a few of us are bike-train-bike people - there's just the one really hard-core man (who complained when the office moved closer to his house as it reduced the amount of training he was doing!!!)

D-Rider

We're on the cusp here - about 5 bikes regularly parked but I suspect the number is about to increase for a few months....

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
No idea from our place... but then we have over 10,000 staff (apparently)!!

In my Office there are 2 of us who cycle (out of 4) but the other chap only occasionally as he comes from Liverpool so has more to organise (coach + bike etc.)... and in the larger team which includes the section I work in there are about 8 out of about 50 (off the top of my head - don't see some of them for months).

gouldina

Jezston said:
A better question might be what percentage of people at your place of work cycle.

While theres about 15 at my work, this is of a company with 300 or so employees. That's a rather rubbish 5%.

Also couldn't tell you how many are all year and fair weather as many of them seem to leave their bikes here over the winter judging by the number of totally flat tyres there are in the shed when I come back after christmas!

2/13 here. That's about 15%.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Within the section I'm in - practically everyone... in the office as a whole lots ... I had a moan at my boss to ask when they were going to start promoting walking to work as the bike racks were full in April... she walked across the office to tell someone else (who I don't know but I'm assuming had a bit more authority in that respect) that we needed more racks. So hopefully that will be the end of one of the few car parking spaces ... most are for work vehicles.

Top Bottom