How many cyclists at your office?

How may people at your work cycle?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Two out of probably getting on for 150 members of staff and I'm not one of them. I live less than a mile from work and it's all uphill so it's not worth getting the bike out and getting ready as by the time I have done all that I could have walked, which I do.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Usually three or four cyclists out of about 150-ish staff on site. A couple of walkers. Everyone else drives, usually alone. I know of three regular car shares- but there may be more.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
There's always more bikes in the racks though. For some reason people like to ride in a handful of times then leave their bike locked to a Sheffield stand for several years to rust and gain cobwebs.

potsy

Rambler
10 to 15 regular out of 200+,though during the height of summer last year did count 21 bikes in the racks one day.
Considering we have no C2W scheme or any facilities bar the racks I think that's pretty good going.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
And there are some who don't cycle in but have an interest in it; that is they watch the major tours on the TV and ride at weekends. I didn't count those.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hilldodger said:
All of us:thumbsup:

And both of us, at Velo Vision.

At the other job, within my specific team, I think it's 5 out of 6 - the other lives so close, he walks. In the building as a whole, it's probably a similar proportion - depends who is in, which day etc...

Jaguar

3 of us out of a staff of about 30? Plus a couple of occasional fairweather cyclists, plus a couple more who would "if it wasn't so dangerous"

We have no cycle racks, no showers. And (I'm a TA) not a single child cycles to school :smile:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I replied 20 + but there are 3000 people at work ......

Including me there are 3 in my area out of 30 ,but that`s above average .

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
couldn't say for sure, we have over 500 users in our HQ and i would say at least 30 people cycle, with only around 17 of us doing all weather.
But i would say there was around 300 + cyclists in our building who cycle to work every day in the summer.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
Just me - I'm all on my lonesome! Been just me for about 4/5 years now too!

When I first started 9 and a half years ago there were about 45 of us - three of them left, one of them moved 55 miles away so felt it was a bit of a long commute for a weekday and I can't remember who the other one was!

Our company has about 90 people - spread over two offices.

I think about 4 people walk to work - 10/15 drive and the rest get the trainbus every day.

I am held up as a sort of hero though - especially in poor weather!

(Mind you everybody admires my endurance but nobody fancies giving it a go!!)

Thirteen what you'd call regular cycle commuters and then two who occasionally do. Then there are probably 2-3 more who cycle from home but live too far out (they say) to commute. Out of a total staff complement of 38 that isn't bad I think?

Helly79

I work at a college and there quite a few members of staff that cycle in so I picked 20+ but Im the only one from my department. They think i'm mad as a hatter cycling to work in all weather.

hambones

Commuting to work - Just me for 2 years until recently when the Warehouse manager started a 2 mile commute.

However I have managed to sign up 10 of them to take part in the London-Cambridge in July and at least 3 have started some form of training which is a good start. I am, however, a little worried about 2 of them who are convinced they will complete the event without getting on a bike until the day! :biggrin:

Top Bottom