How many cyclists at your office?

How may people at your work cycle?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vidor06

Long term loafer
I might be being incredibly sceptical here but is responding to this poll going to lead to the pollster touting for business?
Corporate Ascents - please allay my scepticism.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Vidor06 said:
I might be being incredibly sceptical here but is responding to this poll going to lead to the pollster touting for business?
Corporate Ascents - please allay my scepticism.

I hadn't even noticed the link until You pointed it out...:biggrin: they can tout all they like ... I have no control over any budgets...

redjedi

Über Member
Out of approx 35 members of staff currently 7 cycle to work most days.
Another 2 have just just ordered bike on the cycle to work scheme and we're working on another.

Not too bad a percentage really.

Evilcat

Out of 18 of us, 10 have been known to cycle, 5 of us pretty much most days but only myself who comes in by bike fair weather or foul.

EC

NigC

Mike! said:
Out of 186 about 5..... very poor and the reason i cannot get a CTW scheme past the boss :sad:

palinurus said:
Same here.

It's a little surprising that those stats combined with the number of people working there, that the boss doesn't see it AS the reason to start a CTW scheme :blush: There's potentially 180 people who could take up the scheme - although I don't know much about the scheme, so maybe I'm talking out of my backside.

Mike!

Guru
NigC said:
It's a little surprising that those stats combined with the number of people working there, that the boss doesn't see it AS the reason to start a CTW scheme :wacko: There's potentially 180 people who could take up the scheme - although I don't know much about the scheme, so maybe I'm talking out of my backside.

Maybe :biggrin:

My place is put off doing it as they did a similar thing about 6 years ago with computers and had nothing but hassle with it. I tried hard last year but they were not interested.

Might try again this year.....

Jaguar

Corporate Ascents said:
It seems that lots of teachers cycle to work.
Not round here. I only know one teacher and one other TA who cycle to school. To be fair, our teachers tend to live over 10 miles away, and have a whole heap of stuff to bring in every day, as well as taking their own children to and from school. I wish it was more though.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
NigC said:
It's a little surprising that those stats combined with the number of people working there, that the boss doesn't see it AS the reason to start a CTW scheme :smile: There's potentially 180 people who could take up the scheme - although I don't know much about the scheme, so maybe I'm talking out of my backside.

It's a huge company, with several divisions of several businesses on our site. Most of the management are overseas. The local HR types end up dealing with things like this (and rejecting them), I've no idea what country their bosses are in.

There will be a few more people on site soon, if this results in some parking issues I might try again.

Bandini

My round commute is 42 miles by back road (and no fun on main road), so I am quite 'fair weather'. I am not keen on hair jerseys either!

I bike sometimes when the weather is poor, but I bike cos I enjoy it, and if it is a shitty, horrible morning and I don't fancy it, I certainly don't feel in some way inferior! If the weather is shitty for a while I have to get out, but...

Just realising that there is a 'I cycle through 6 foot snow drifts, I don't eat unless I am riding 70 miles, and I only drink my own urine...' contingent on here. Great!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Bandini said:
Just realising that there is a 'I cycle through 6 foot snow drifts, I don't eat unless I am riding 70 miles, and I only drink my own urine...' contingent on here. Great!

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I took the bus.

Top Bottom