How many football grounds have you been to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I went to watch Dundee United play a Belgian team in 1978, it was 0-0 and the wettest, most miserable afternoon of my life up til then.... haven't been to a professional one since.

... but I never missed a single game our son played from when he was 8 until he left the team to go to university- they were all brilliant!

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I had to go to Aston Villa FC many years ago for a works conference and I went to Moor Green FC ground for a summer fete about 55 years ago.
Never been to a match as I have no interest in the sport.

PaulSB

Legendary Member

Millennium Stadium
Ibrox
Celtic Park
St James's Park
Bootham Crescent
Turf Moor
St Joseph's Road
Selhurst Park
Wembley
Oakwell
Burnden Park
Hillsboro
Stamford Bridge
Gresty Road
Goodison Park
Stadium MK
Wincham Park
City Ground (Forest)
Vale Park
Bramhall Lane
Edgeley Park
Victoria Ground
bet365 Stadium
Liberty Stadium
Elland Road
Leeds Road
Filbert Street
Keepmoat Stadium
Ewood Park
Boundary Park
Maine Road
Etihad
Anfield
Old Trafford
Villa Park
St Andrews
Bloomfield Road
DW Stadium
Prenton Park
Recreation Ground
The Valley
Upton Park
White Hart Lane
Highbury
Loftus Road
The Den
Victory Park
Deepdale
The Hawthorns
City Ground
Molyneux
County Ground
Fratton Park
The Dell
St Mary's Stadium
Abbey Stadium
The Ricoh
The Reebok

Last edited:
Probably knocking on close to 250 following club and international teams Did 83 Wales away games before I "hung my boots up" Obviously done a lot of duplicates / triplicates etc.

Must admit last few years I seem to have lost interest in football and not been to a live game for three years.

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
In my life of following Bolton Wanderers I have been to 72 grounds to watch them play. Some of them are where clubs have moved grounds so I had to go again an example being Baseball ground and Pride Park for Derby County.

You sound just like my B.I.L. He's done a similar number watching the whites, even went to Exeter for a midweek game when we only took one coach.

He's rather proud of being part of the lowest ever attendance at Burnden Park.

I'm a mere amateur on thirty odd. :smile:

Just three...

EOSA (Ely City)
Roots Hall (Southend United)
Emirates (Arsenal)

Motor racing circuits... Now that's a completely different kettle of fish... :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
Selhurst Park
Highbury
Emirates
Craven Cottage
St Mary's (England match)
Wembley old (new for a concert)
Stamford Bridge (vile experience with foul mouthed, racist, misogynistic home fans at a Euro match, given a ticket, never again)
Bromley Town
Borough Sports Ground (aka Gander Green Lane)
Gillingham maybe (vague recollection)
Did a tour of the Bernabeu

Think that's it

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Probably around 30. I've watched football for 50 years. I've been to most local grounds many times watching Blackburn play away,then for the last 16 years I've watched quite a few of Accrington's away matches. Famous grounds wise I've been to Wembley twice,but although only 26 miles away I've never been to Old Trafford. Grounds abroad wise I saw Benfica beat Everton 5-0 in Lisbon.

I also saw The Rolling Stones play at Newcastle United's St James Park in 1982. Does that count?:smile:

Last edited:

Slioch

Guru
Various, but I'm not going to list them all.

Most surreal - When I lived on the southside of Glasgow I used to occasionally go and watch Queens Park if the weather was too wet for hillwalking. Being in Hampden Park for a football match with a crowd of approx' 150 as once happened was a bizarre experience. The half-time pies were good though.

Scariest - Millwall, closely followed by West Ham.

Followed Villa home and away for 30 years ,and I must admit got a bit obsessive about visiting away grounds.
Have been to most grounds in England ,except some of the newer grounds. Have started going to Scottish grounds now , and ticked a good few off . I must say it is odd going to games as a neutral, so have adopted Greenock Morton as my Scottish team it's also my wife's team so a win win .

Lozz360

Veteran
Manor Ground
Kassam Stadium
Anfield
Villa Park
White Hart Lane
Vicente Calderon (Atletico Madrid pre-2017)
Bernebau
Cardiff Millennium
Oakwell
Wembley old and new
Berwick Rangers (can’t remember name of ground)
Ashton Gate
The Valley
County Ground
Weymouth FC (can’t remember name of ground)
The Dell

Last edited:
Top Bottom