How many football grounds have you been to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Llankey43

Let me think....................

Marston Road (Stafford Rangers) home team
Kettering Town
Victoria Ground
Reading
Selhurst Park
Old Trafford
Ethiad - For a concert
Millwall - And I survived without a scratch
Bangor City (North Wales) - Both old and new grounds

pjd57

Veteran
Each year, I help lead a charity ride from the opponents on the last Southampton home game of the season’s ground, to St.Mary’s stadium. Over recent years, that’s been the Bet365 stadium in Stoke, The Etihad stadium ( Man City ) and the John Smith’s stadium in Huddersfield. It could be Sheffield United this year.

Great idea. Leave it to the fixture list , then go for it.

Great idea. Leave it to the fixture list , then go for it.
That’s the idea. So far we haven’t drawn Newcastle, and Carlisle aren’t in the premiership, so we can’t draw them:laugh:. The funny thing is, that our idea is starting to catch on. We came across a bunch of riders from Man city’s supporters, on this year’s ride, who were riding from the Etihad to the Amex, because they’d seen us doing the Etihad to St.Mary’s last year.

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
Not many, watched football at
Pittodrie
Tannadice
Ibrox
Love Street
Also went along to Pittodrie when Mr M wanted to select his season ticket seat. Sat in the dugout and did a wee warm up along the touch line (really hope nobody was watching). :blush: :eek:

AndyRM

XOXO
Probably around 50 I reckon. Ironically Rugby Park is probably the one I've been to least, but then I've never actually lived in Kilmarnock and growing up in Edinburgh meant I saw Ayrshires finest at Tynecastle and Easter Road more often as a boy.

There are a fair few which have a cheek calling themselves football stadiums!

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Probably around 50 I reckon. Ironically Rugby Park is probably the one I've been to least, but then I've never actually lived in Kilmarnock and growing up in Edinburgh meant I saw Ayrshires finest at Tynecastle and Easter Road more often as a boy.

There are a fair few which have a cheek calling themselves football stadiums!

I was up at Peterhead a few weeks ago. Watching football at the side of the pitch is a lousy way to see the game. OK for stuff happening near you but impossible to work out what's happening further away.

I've been to Rugby Park twice - to see us relegated then gubbed in the play offs. Can't say I have fond memories of the place.

AndyRM

XOXO
I was up at Peterhead a few weeks ago. Watching football at the side of the pitch is a lousy way to see the game. OK for stuff happening near you but impossible to work out what's happening further away.

I've been to Rugby Park twice - to see us relegated then gubbed in the play offs. Can't say I have fond memories of the place.

Edinburgh teams aside, I think I've probably seen Killie play Falkirk most often. My memories are considerably more positive, but that relegation match took years off my life I reckon. I don't think I have ever been more tense at a game of football.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Edinburgh teams aside, I think I've probably seen Killie play Falkirk most often. My memories are considerably more positive, but that relegation match took years off my life I reckon. I don't think I have ever been more tense at a game of football.

If Ryan Flynn hadn't skied it from 2 yards...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thinking of stadiums I have been to.
I remember the coldest I have ever been at a football match in the UK was at Stoke's Britannia Ground.
For those that haven't been there, the stadium is perched up on a hill and the away end is next to one of the corners which is open to the elements.
Jeebus effin wept.. The wind just whips in from the gap and one game I remember in particular it was so bloody cold that my hot coffee froze.

The away end at St James Park is so far up in the gods that you had better not have a heart condition before you embark on the never ending stairs to get to your seat.

Last edited:
Top Bottom