How many football grounds have you been to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I was going to say none, but......

I got dragged along to one of the London grounds with my dad when Leeds were playing, QPR? Crystal Palace? dunno.
Saw the dog racing at Braintree Town FC
Saw a concert at Sahfend FC
Visited the souvenir shop at Elland Rd, and got Jackie Charlton's autograph
Saw Elton John at Wembley.
I can't imagine anything sadder. I mean, that's really sad, that.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Wembley Stadium (only the newer one)
Ewood Park
Maine Road
Loftus Road
Craven Cottage
The Emirates
The Etihad
Links Park (Montrose)

Overseas:

Brøndby Stadium Copenhagen
Santiago Bernabéu Madrid
Generali Arena Prague
Mercedes Benz Stadium Atlanta

So only 12 league grounds, for some reason that seems surprisingly low.
Plus many other sports grounds but not applicable to this thread.

figbat

Slippery scientist
To see football games:

Manor Ground (old Oxford Utd)
Filbert Street (old Leicester City)
Field Mill (Mansfield Town)
Wembley (the old one).

To see other things:

Celtic Park (Commonwealth Games 2014 opening ceremony)
Ibrox (Commonwealth Games rugby 7s)
Wembley (old one again, Bon Jovi).

I have also done a guided tour of Old Trafford.

Gunk

Guru
Northampton (county ground)
Northampton (sixfields)
Leicester (Filbert Street)
Oxford (Manor Ground)
Oxford (Kasam)
Villa Park
The Hawthorns
Wembley (old and new)
Old Trafford (I was there on Sunday)

A872346C-87BD-4BAC-B770-609B24BDC564.jpeg

Last edited:
Non, some grass in Manchester some where to see Bowie perform in the 80's, i think some over paid geezers in light blue ran around it chasing a bag of air at the weekend.

Rather stand on a mountain and see athletes earning their dosh riding up on 2 wheels with a smidge of salbutamol:whistle:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It always astounds me on threads like this what effort people will go to in order to do the online equivalent of a passive sneer of disapproval at the subject matter. Like most fairly adjusted people, if I see a thread about which I have no interest (say, cats, or reality TV, or electric bikes), I'll just eschew that thread altogether and I'll click on other threads and even consider commenting, only where the subject matter piques my interest.

Other people though....
"Hmm, a thread about football eh? I've no interest in that sport whatsoever, but BOY I can't wait to click "reply" and tell everyone just how much it doesn't interest me!" Cue at least three lines of text, explaining in detail the extent it doesn't interest them.

It's really perverse behaviour. For other examples, see any car or TV related threads, and the associated "Pah, I don't even own a car / TV" replies.

PaulB

Legendary Member
It always astounds me on threads like this what effort people will go to in order to do the online equivalent of a passive sneer of disapproval at the subject matter. Like most fairly adjusted people, if I see a thread about which I have no interest (say, cats, or reality TV, or electric bikes), I'll just eschew that thread altogether and I'll click on other threads and even consider commenting, only where the subject matter piques my interest.

Other people though....
"Hmm, a thread about football eh? I've no interest in that sport whatsoever, but BOY I can't wait to click "reply" and tell everyone just how much it doesn't interest me!" Cue at least three lines of text, explaining in detail the extent it doesn't interest them.

It's really perverse behaviour. For other examples, see any car or TV related threads, and the associated "Pah, I don't even own a car / TV" replies.
It's a bit pathetic, isn't it?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Other people though....

When the 'Footy' thread first started there was a few members who decided to put their oar in saying how football is rubbish/boring etc. They ended up looking rather stupid.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey

Other people though....

It's a measure of their own insecurity

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Birmingham, Villa, West Brom, Wolves, Coventry, Forest, Derby, Shrewsbury, Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Bristol City, Swindon, Forest Green, Cardiff, Exeter, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Southampton, Cheltenham, Leeds, Huddersfield, Liverpool, Everton, Wigan, Blackburn, the old Wembley, the Milennium Stadium and Aberdeen. .... so 28 in all. Surprised myself, there. Many great trips out around the country that I'd almost forgotten. Happy days.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Im a Walsall Fan so i've been to many an obscure ground. But i shall list some that iv'e been to.

Keys Park (Hednesford) To Watch Walsall vs The entire country of Malawi.
The Bank's (will always be Bescot) Walsall, many times obviously.
Globe Arena (Morecambe)
Millmoor (Rotherham)
Spotland, Crown Oil whatever (Rochdale)
Griffin Park (Brentford)
Glanford Park (Scunthorpe)
Victoria Park (Hartlepool)
Elland Road (Leeds)
Meadow Lane (Notts County)
City Ground (Nottingham Forest)
Deva Stadium (Chester City)
Wembley (old and new)
Broadhall Way (Stevenage)
Sincil Bank (Lincoln)
Moss Rose (Macclesfield)
Field Mill (Mansfield)
Edgeley Park (Stockport)
Gay Meadow and New Meadow (Shrewsbury Town)

It could go on and on actually. But i'll leave it there...

stephec

Legendary Member
Im a Walsall Fan so i've been to many an obscure ground. But i shall list some that iv'e been to.

Keys Park (Hednesford) To Watch Walsall vs The entire country of Malawi.
The Bank's (will always be Bescot) Walsall, many times obviously.
Globe Arena (Morecambe)
Millmoor (Rotherham)
Spotland, Crown Oil whatever (Rochdale)
Griffin Park (Brentford)
Glanford Park (Scunthorpe)
Victoria Park (Hartlepool)
Elland Road (Leeds)
Meadow Lane (Notts County)
City Ground (Nottingham Forest)
Deva Stadium (Chester City)
Wembley (old and new)
Broadhall Way (Stevenage)
Sincil Bank (Lincoln)
Moss Rose (Macclesfield)
Field Mill (Mansfield)
Edgeley Park (Stockport)
Gay Meadow and New Meadow (Shrewsbury Town)

It could go on and on actually. But i'll leave it there...
You must surely have been to Burnden Park as well, or at the very least The Reebok?

pjd57

Veteran

Nothing unusual about today.
Just another enjoyable visit to Celtic park.
But my first time at their new vegan catering outlet.
Haggis sausage rolls are excellent

Top Bottom