How many miles do you get from your road bike tyres) 25x700c?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-Express

No I just swapped them round, no new tyre.
I check them regularly and they are fine at the moment.

That's a bit uneccesary and won't result in either tyre wearing less quickly. Like jefmcg suggests, just bin the rear when it wears out, put the front on the rear and fit a new tyre on the front. You really don't want a worn tyre on the front of the bike.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm riding 4-5000 miles a year between two bikes, I'd expect a couple of years for the front and a year for a back. My normal routine for both bikes is to buy a new tyre every year, put it on the front and put the old front on the rear and ditch the old rear. And yes I've worn bike tyres out in the past.

SWSteve

Guru
3 years/several KMs on a GP4000S, I don't know how long the Grand Prix GT tyre will last, it's been on the bike for 2 years and looks barely worn (and I have cycled on it...)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I find some light grippy ones wear out faster than tougher more durable ones. I don't measure kms or miles, I'm not that anal.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Ah.l I'd found the super glue dries hard bit, I hadn't thought of shoe repair stuff (of which I have a tube) as a replacement. Thanks.
If it's the sort of tyre where the rubber sort of peels back from a cut (most often in the centre tread if there's a puncture resistance layer beneath IME), it can be rather difficult to get it non-lumpy even then. Probably worth filling small stab holes, though.

Top Bottom