Votes: 19 14.0%
  • 150-174

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • 175-199

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • 200 or more

Votes: 14 10.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
MikeG

MikeG

Guru
Quite instructive, this, especially with our newer members in mind, who wonder how they are going to get around their first sportive.The lesson is: just get the miles done!!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Strava says I have averaged 68 miles per week so far this year, but I expect that to rise as my recovery continues and I begin to increase the commutes....

OP
OP
MikeG

MikeG

Guru
After 60 responses, we have an average of about 123 miles per person per week. Now this assumes those doing over 200 miles average 225 miles, so could be a little out.

Even allowing for a little optimism in the figures, it does show that members of this forum are actually claiming to get out on their bikes every now and then...... :smile:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Not as often as I'd like, what with working nights & having to be awake & indoors in the afternoon for when my son gets home from school but I've still done 1717 miles so far this year.

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Bit slow earlier in the year, but getting more miles in now. Still aiming at 5000 miles for the year. 1454 as of today, so need to average just over 100 a week for the rest of the year. Should be able to achieve 150 + per week most of the summer, which could allow some lower figures for the winter months, and give some room for bike-less weeks away. We'll see - didn't quite get there last year :sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

It varies a lot, the 100-125 miles a week is a rough average, bad weather a missed Sunday Ride or family commitments can drop it down below 50, a long Sunday Ride can push it well above 125. My mileage so far this year is 1550, but the good weather hasn't arrived yet.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
210 from last Monday to today included.
This is a one off though, normally about 100 an average week, even in winter.
Most of this miles are utilitarian, for transport.

ChrisEyles

Guru
50ish miles a week commuting and a 30-40 mile ride most weekends, for a few years now. My longest ride is still only 52 miles though, need to remedy this asap!

Top Bottom