How many of you have recently grown a beard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

I couldn't grow a convincing beard to save my life. However, if it's thick luxurious ear and nose hair you want- I'm your man.

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
I couldn't grow a convincing beard to save my life. However, if it's thick luxurious ear and nose hair you want- I'm your man.
You're so classy

I started growing a beard late last year sometime to keep my face warm. Round about Christmas time I went for the Van Dyke style. I haven't bothered shaving for about a month now so got full facial growth. It's about time I got the cutthroat out & go back to the Van Dyke.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I only grow a beard when I'm not working. Trouble is, I get a distressing lack of hair where my sideburns should be. And I'm not entirely sure the moustache joins the beard either. :headshake:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Just shaved all mine off - missing it now.

That's pretty much what I'm doing with my life. For a few weeks the beard grows and I like it, then I decide I don't, then I shave, then I regret it, then it grows…

I ride a bit and go to work too like, but the beard thing accounts for about 70% of my total cognitive load.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I've had a beard twice, in my twenties when I used to climb a lot and a beard was normal. I had a beard in my passport photo then shaved it off and travelled on business to Pakistan where almost everybody has a beard. The immigration officer stared at the picture, stared at me, did a double take and asked loudy; "Mister, what happened to your beard?" Cue much hilarity amongst his colleagues as they crowded round to look.

Generally though I found beards unhygienic and itchy and it was always a relief to get them off and weird to be walking along and feeling the air parting each side of your chin.

My beard would be white now.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I found beards unhygienic and itchy and it was always a relief to get them off and weird to be walking along and feeling the air parting each side of your chin.

My beard would be white now.
In the winter I often let one grow for a week or two. It is surprising how much warmer the chin feels without a chilly blast 'parting each side' of it!

But yes, the itchy feeling gets annoying so I usually shave it off and start again.

My whiskers are at least 50% white now and the non-white bits are not exactly dark!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Had a beard a few years ago before they became fashionable but got rid of it eventually because it got very itchy and uncomfortable and yes I did wash it.

Top Bottom