How many of you have recently grown a beard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
59d94e4d2d00002b00309276.jpg

12boy

Guru
I would like to shave, but since I am quite bald and have tiny translucent eyebrows, my wife says "Don't shave or or you'll look like a f**king cueball!" Who wants to look like a f**king cueball? To be honest, I think the cueball is a little harsh....more like a tortoise with glasses.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I started growing my beard again at the end of last September, it's now get quite magnificent. :smile:

View attachment 501947
Serious question here, how old are you if you don't mind me asking? If I may be bold, it's a distinguished / good beard but it sort of looks like there's still a young ish, handsome man fighting to get out from behind a beard that belongs to quite an old man. I'm never sure what people are going for when they cultivate this look?

I had a beard for a while about 7 years ago, it looked okay then, full and thick, neatly trimmed, but it was brown then. It would now be your colour, and instead of looking 47 I think I'd look 60. Hence my direct (sorry) question. And no offence meant by the way, you look good, I just suspect it ages you and I might be wrong.

Last edited:

PaulB

Legendary Member
No. It’s to early for birds to be nesting.Dont forget the same rule applies to beards as to hedges.No cutting in the nesting season’.
Thanks for that topiary advice, sir. It's maybe mice hibernating? I can't tell because it's that thick and lustrous, there's no way to see exactly what life forms are living in there. My wife and all my colleagues say I should stay with it as it makes me look younger, so I will.

stephec

Legendary Member
Serious question here, how old are you if you don't mind me asking? If I may be bold, it's a distinguished / good beard but it sort of looks like there's still a young ish, handsome man fighting to get out from behind a beard that belongs to quite an old man. I'm never sure what people are going for when they cultivate this look?

I had a beard for a while about 7 years ago, it looked okay then, full and thick, neatly trimmed, but it was brown then. It would now be your colour, and instead of looking 47 I think I'd look 60. Hence my direct (sorry) question. And no offence meant by the way, you look good, I just suspect it ages you and I might be wrong.
I'm 51, I saw a guy at our local parkrun with a spectacular handlebar moustache and decided that I wanted one, Mrs stephec isn't a fan though, she says I look older.

Last time I grew it I went to a barber who dyed it to match the rest of my hair, dark brown with silver highlights. :biggrin:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I shaved mine off this morning. I was due in an operating theatre and their policy is that anyone sporting a beard must wear a chin net. A chin net! I decided I'd do without a bloody chin net so lashed it all off. Just as the cold weather bit in as well.

Drago

Legendary Member
I went from full fuzz to goattee before christmas, and is now about 2" long. I'm starting to get the odd snarky remark from Mrs D about it.

stephec

Legendary Member
I shaved mine off this morning. I was due in an operating theatre and their policy is that anyone sporting a beard must wear a chin net. A chin net! I decided I'd do without a bloody chin net so lashed it all off. Just as the cold weather bit in as well.
I work in food and pharmaceutical factories everyday, I just treat it as an occupational hazard.

Top Bottom