How many own a folder?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keepontriking

Bike Friday Pocket Rocket, 105 equipped - used for general riding, touring, sporty rides, and so on.
Nice frame number - 6666.

Brommie too for buses, trains and shorter journeys.
Its getting on a bit and starting to need a bit of work like a new seatpost sleeve and headset.

andygates

Skipbike fixie folder here. Would like to have a frame transplant to a Dahon when cash allows, so it can live in the van as my in-town pootler.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Brompton L3 here, now equipped with Post Moderne stumpy bar-ends, which look rubbish, but really help; a Brooks Brompton saddle and a Schmidt SONXS hub dynamo.

robrinay

I’ve had several all now sold on to pay for the next one. First was a Moulton Stowaway, then a Moulton Apb then a Pashley Moulton Land Rover and a series of 3 Dahons one by one upgraded to a Dahon Jack and now just a Brompton which I’ll be keeping forever.

Last edited:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I collected my new Brompton ML6 from Evans Cardiff yesterday, this morning my shiny new free bus pass arrived
Im good to go.^_^^_^

PS just been for a ride .Really pleased how stable it is at speed downhill. Still getting used to the gears but all seems to work ok.
The standard seatpost fully extended seems exactly right for me in my usual trainers. Surprised at that as I am only a bare 5ft 10 .

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
Had a few in my time but now own 2 Philips Boardwalks, people don't realise that they are Dahon's, the last was purchased a week ago from Ebay, mint, £75.

YzNlYTFiZi5qcGd8fHx8fHwzOTZ4MjIzfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I’ve had several all now sold on to pay for the next one. First was a Moulton Stowaway, then a Moulton Apb then a Pashley Moulton Land Rover and a series of 3 Dahons one by one upgraded to a Dahon Jack and now just a Brompton which I’ll be keeping forever.
Nice thread resurrection (over a decade since last post)!

Meanwhile, back on topic: Dahon Speed Pro TT (second-hand, from a fellow YACF member- 2008 frame replaced under warranty with a 2010 model, I've since replaced the fork as well, so a bit like Trigger's broom), previously had a 2004 Jetstream XP, which the TT replaced, and a Cadenza (commute bike, nicked)

chriscross1966

Über Member
Er... 5 Bromptons now...
Henrietta, a supermodified 11 speed H.
Persephone, a bullhorn equipped custom Nickel S5EX, getting upgraded to 11-speed double disc soon.
Francesca, a 14-speed full-Campy race machine, going off for custom paint (Celeste) soon.
Geraldine, an old SWB with an 8-speed hub and a lot of bits of Henrietta before her upgrade. She's a pile of bits atm
Bluebell a project flipper T3.

Last edited:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
One Brompton. Not regularly used, but essential anyway. Bought because I was impressed with the fold.

I had an Airnimal Joey for a while, am considering a Chameleon now..

Sold the Brompton, the new owner rode it to a podium position in the Brompton worlds and took it to NYC for a short trip.

I don't remember ever wanting a Chameleon but presumably I did at the time of posting. Probably in the same way I got a hankering for a bike with a Gates carbon drive earlier in the week which seems to have evaporated already.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
First time I did a longish ride on it I saw this cyclist ahead of me and thought his bike looked a bit unusual. Caught him up and he was riding an Airnimal Joey, it was the first time he'd taken it out properly.

Top Bottom