How many pairs of cycling gloves do you own?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Three pairs winter weight plus one pair mid season. At least 6 pairs of mitts plus a pair of sailing mitts with leather palms only used on the trike as it has twist gear change but no need for padding. All came from Aldi or Lidl except the sailing mitts.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
9 pairs. Some have never been worn.😁

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Five or six pairs.

I use mitts in the milder or hotter weather because I like the small amount of extra padding.

Also it's a small amount of protection from road rash on my hands should I fall.

I have some very warm winter gloves bought before I realised if it was that cold I wouldn't be on the bike.

Medium weight is all I need.

I managed to leave my best fitting pair - about £30 from Evans - on a bench in Seaham, County Durham.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
A fair few gloves till recently. Rationalised them, a couple of weeks back, with the majority going to a charity clothes shop. I now have two pairs of track mitts, three winter gloves, and one pair of winter mitts. Apart from the track mitts the rest are mountaineering ones.

D

Deleted member 1258

I don't have any cycling gloves, I have a couple of pairs of cheap woolly gloves from the local market, one thin pair and one thermal pair, the thin pair have holes in the thumbs and need replacing.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
One pair of Lidl ski gloves for winter
One pair of MEC track mitts for summer

Lemme seeeeeeee...

Muddy Fox mitts, bright pink
Thin lycra full finger Muddy Fox gloves, black
Altura waterproof & fleece-lined winter gloves, red
Decathlon mitts (old style), 1 pair coral pink, 1 pair black.
Decathlon mid-season full finger gloves (old style), black
Decathlon silk glove liners, black.

So that's seven pairs.

The Muddy Fox mitts don't get worn anymore as they have too much padding on the palms and chafe something chronic. The full finger MF gloves are currently AWOL. Bit miffed I can't find them as they're actually not that bad for what they are.

I really like the old-style Decathlon mitts without the velcro fastening, their new ones are nowhere near as nice - or as comfy. The pink ones are very mucky and faded, but I've had so much use out of them as they're bang on. The black pair is new, kept back for when the pink ones finally call it quits.

I also really dig the Decathlon mid-season roubaix-lined gloves. I bought them on clearance - they were the very last pair of the old 320 range. The new 500 range, again, isn't as nice - the fingers are too long for my small hands. I did rip the palm of the right glove when I crashed last autumn, but mum has very kindly darned the palm, so I'll hopefully get a few more miles out of them yet.

The Altura gloves were by far my most spendy pair at nearly £40, but when I need them, they're just the ticket.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have no idea how many pair of mitts. Maybe 10 :blush:
5 pairs of long fingers of various weights though. I don’t think any cost more than £20 for a pair

Two pairs...both about 4 million years old...the other pair are fossilized Cannondales :laugh:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
2 x pairs summer mitts
1 x pr winter high viz
1 x pr night visions
1 x pr very cold winter gloves
1 pr each of woolly cycling glove, black autumn weight gloves and lightweight gloves for chilly mornings that will fold up nice and small into my pocket when I warm up.
7 pairs in all. Wowzers!

Top Bottom