1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many people are following

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Keith Oates, 7 Sep 2007.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

the events and stages of the Vuelta and how many are so fed up with the drug stories that they have decided to give racing a miss for a while!!!!

2. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Although I am fed up with the stories and antics of the druggies, I am following the Vuelta on Eurosport, although not with the same enthusiasm as in the past.

3. Tim Bennet.

Tim Bennet. Entirely Average Member

I've lost my Eurosport access, so I am only following it on cyclingnews and your reports! Thanks.

4. dbg

dbg New Member

Not much interest in it for me really, no GB riders, too many swarthy Spanish types.

5. redfox

redfox New Member

All it did was make me wonder why I bothered subscribing to cycling.tv's premium channel, when they go and set a whole new one up for the Vuelta.

6. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

if eurosport had an evening highlights show i would do. an hour of live action in the afternoon is no use to me.

7. chris42

chris42 New Member

They do?
    It was on from 20:30 till 21:30 last night.

8. groucho

groucho New Member

Eurosport are not consistent when they show the highlights so all I ever get to see is volleyball :biggrin:

Still France v Argentina tonight POW BIFF THWACK

9. dmoan

dmoan Über Member

I'm still following the race on Eurosport, but I'm fast-forwarding until 20km or 15km from the end, just to see the lead-outs and the sprints. Roll on more mountains!

The drug stories have not put me off, but the racing (and the countryside) is a little (just a litttle, mind) dull.

I will give the Tour of Poland a miss this year, but I can't wait for the World Championships!

10. i'm still following cycling. love it.

L

11. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

I don't seem to be paying much attention to the Vuelta this year as I did the other two grand tours - just look at cyclingnews for the report in the evening, and even that isn't as good as for the Giro and Tour.

12. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I like to sit back with a glass of Rioja or Magno cognac, or a cold bottle of Estrella, with some improvised tapas (cheese sandwich) and watch the race go by on the box.
    I prefer the Giro d'Italia and Tour de France, from a 'nature experience point of view', but there's so little cycling available on TV, so I'm happy to watch anything.

13. johnr

johnr Über Member

The Oates tickertape is all I need