How many social interactions today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
One unintended yesterday (monday). Been at home and not seeing anyone but Julian next door started lopping off the top section of a tree we have been complaining about (in a friendly way.. for insurance reasons) so went out to give him a hand.
Today...
Walk dog, no interaction barring a couple hiya's to passing people.
Delivery by a friend who is a courier...10 minute chat at maybe 10ft distance.
Shops, very quiet, the few people there observing good distancing. Get some essentials for mum.
Round to my 90 yo mums. This is a hard one, shes the very kind of person to avoid but she is on her own, the warden is not visiting anyone (by order), she fell 4 times day before yesterday, bad cut and heavy bruising to her face. Attempt to clean a dried up pool of blood from the carpet, have a hoover up, do a tiny bit in the garden, put her some dinner in...and just have a natter which meant as much as anything to her I think.
On arrival, thorough wash of hands then mix a bowl of dettol solution in hot water and kept occasionally dipping hands in, wiped everything with antibacterial wipes and kept as much distance as possible.

Very quiet out, only saw one child out, with his parent, very few people at the shops.
Seems everyone is trying to do their bit here.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Zero today again for me.

I did see my neighbour (70+) coming back from the shops with his essential newspaper though.

Smudge

Veteran
Dog keeps coming in from the garden and hassling me for his usual walk..... then going back in the garden and sulking.
Staffies are good at sulking.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Day 7. Still not well. Multiple social interactions with workmates over Microsoft Teams this morning. Dog walk after lunch. Real World social interactions today, zero, and rightly so.

lane

Veteran
No interactions other than family and deliveries via the upstairs window.

However, the lady next door rung our bell (gate) to discuss the fact a magazine had been delivered to her rather than someone over the road FFS. I spoke to her through the upstairs window and gave her the distinct impression I was not bloody interested. How stupid are some people.

lane

Veteran
Apparently police have been intervening in a Que at the bakers in the village (outside the shop) telling people to keep further apart. Bakers has now shut for the foreseeable.

Smudge

Veteran
No interactions other than family and deliveries via the upstairs window.

However, the lady next door rung our bell (gate) to discuss the fact a magazine had been delivered to her rather than someone over the road FFS. I spoke to her through the upstairs window and gave her the distinct impression I was not bloody interested. How stupid are some people.

Ladder, drone or pulley system ?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Two.
One pointless trip to Currys to try and collect a laptop needed for home schooling. Was being delivered to store today for collection but shop all locked up and tracking details now show parcel undelivered and stuck in system :cursing:
Second a trip to chemist to collect prescriptions that couldn't be fulfilled yesterday.
Thats it, all done by bicycle and now back home under lockdown!

vickster

Legendary Member
Two.
One pointless trip to Currys to try and collect a laptop needed for home schooling. Was being delivered to store today for collection but shop all locked up and tracking details now show parcel undelivered and stuck in system :cursing:
Second a trip to chemist to collect prescriptions that couldn't be fulfilled yesterday.
Thats it, all done by bicycle and now back home under lockdown!
BJ did specify electronics shops would be closed immediately :smile:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Just Mrs 26 so far today. My neighbour is out near the fence pulling up weeds but I declined to reveal my presence. I have done some email interactions tho' and tomorrow I'm hoping to get out for a bit of a pedal (on my lonesome).

Top Bottom