How many times have you fallen off on-road since 1.1.12?

Riding your bike on road have often have you fallen off since 1st January 2012

• Once

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Twice

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Three times

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Several times

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I can't stand up for falling down

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
spd moment, taken out by numpty driver, mishap with pothole, ice in Marchvember, hit by another cyclist, diesel spill, gravel, swerved to avoid a pedestrian, or gatorskins in the rain, no matter what the reason how many times have you hit the deck since the beginning of last year?

Trike recumbent riders score double.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
You've missed one option.......zero falls.
The omission was deliberate. No one likes a smug cyclist.

Tim Hall

Classic "pride before fall" moment Monday 2 weeks ago. Riding home from work on my fixer. Thinking I'm going really well, tailwind, hard packed snow seemed to be no bother. Noticed a gleam in the tyre tracks of re-frozen slush and BANG! down on my elbow and knee Pedal into shin which seems to be taking its time to heal.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Er... none!

OTOH when I used to mountain bike I would reckon on falling off at least once every ride. Maybe it's 20 years of off-roading that has made me better on road?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Twice. Three times
Knocked off by an non indicating u-turning copper.
Wayward ped ran into me when crossing the road between 2 parked cars without looking.
Spilt diesel on a road had me off as I was doing a slow turning corner. Slammed me to the tarmac.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Twice, I think. I recall 2 incidents. One clipless moment, I unclipped one foot then fell over the other way like a complete doofus. The other a crash on a steep descent. Both times myself and the bike were okay. Can't recall any actual falls other than these. Been a few close calls though!

on the road

Über Member

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Another smug so-and-so here. My last off was about 25 years ago, late at night. I rode straight into the kerb.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Once. My fault - I was taking a picture with my phone when I ran into a rut in the middle of a small track and went down.

Top Bottom