How many times have you fallen off on-road since 1.1.12?

Riding your bike on road have often have you fallen off since 1st January 2012

• Once

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Twice

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Three times

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Several times

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I can't stand up for falling down

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Twice. First I really badly bruised my wrist, felt like i fractured it. Second I didn't roll and my knee took a real bad beating.

I can only offhand remember a couple of occasions when I had an off. I'll probably end up remembering a few more now that I've voted.

RedRider

Pulling through
Lack of concentration and a sheet of ice did for me before Christmas (I think it was). Took a regular cut through an ungritted side road without thinking. Was going slow on my tippytoes so to speak and knew about five seconds beforehand there was no way I could stop or turn before a bend. Nothing damaged.
The one before that was just shy of 2012. Took a racing line through a left on a boxing day blast and got caught out by some mulchy stuff. That was an ouch.

RiflemanSmith

I am always falling off.
Snow, ice, going to fast round bends, laying the bike to far over, going over jumps and not getting it right, losing traction in loose stuff, wheelies gone wrong.
See the video for the most idiotic off.
In the last 6 months I must have come off over 30 times, at least 10 offs have been on the road.
Only suffered minor cuts and bruises and a fractured thumb and a foot that aches on the side of the sole.
20130225_185734_zps26198734.jpg

th_20130116_220633_zps41805cf1.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Twice. First I really badly bruised my wrist, felt like i fractured it. Second I didn't roll and my knee took a real bad beating.

Nice guy on that first one - he checked you were ok, picked the bike up, moved it to safety and checked it was ok.

Oh, and 2 offs last year but they were both off road so they don't count.

Once. I went down embracing a temporary traffic light which was nowhere near me when I looked down to check my gears as I coasted up.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
One, but a biggie.

Downhill at speed on ice last November the front wheel went, putting me down hard. Somehow everything seemed OK apart from scraped shifters and I carried on another 10 miles to the cafe, where I asked for 'coffee, toasted teacake with jam, warm water, antiseptic wipes and plasters'.

All was fine until about 5 miles from home, when the adrenaline wore off. Cue :cry:

Top Bottom