How many.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
6 for me. It should be 10, but i have 4 days in the switzerland office for them to try to talk me into moving there.

jimboalee

Plax said:
The company I work for was supposed to shut down over Christmas and forced everyone to take leave (or unpaid leave if you didn't have any holidays left) for the working days in between Christmas and New Year. Last week they changed their mind (Corporate politics) and now one or two person from key departments have to come in over those days. To say people are a bit p*ssed off is an understatement. Lots of people have made alternative arrangements to go away etc and because my family lives locally I'm the key person who has been "volunteered" to come in and work from my department. I'm not amused. Extremely poor management on the companies side.

Are you a member of a trade's Union?

An employer is supposed to give 90 days notice of changes to working 'Terms and conditions'.

Personal circumstances should not be taken into account as to an employee's working arangements. The Employer can ask if the rearangements suit, but cannot enforce a change within LESS than 90 days.

If you don't turn up, the Employer will have not a lot of power in an industrial tribuneral if they stated the employee was 'volunteered' by them to work.

Unless, of course, you signed a contract stating you would be available for work at the Company's discretion...

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

jimboalee said:
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

(don't get your expectations up too high, you might be disappointed.)

I really haven't got a clue what you are on about or what relevance this has with me asking people how many commuting days they have till the end of the year.

Keith Oates

Janner
I have 27 commuting days remaining for this year but I doubt they will all be on the bike. There is also a slight chance I may get some leave and if so the total will be less but only time will tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
jimboalee said:
I can only assume you are not intending to be killed by a truck before Christmas.

Pride comes before a fall. (British & Australian) also Pride goes before a fall. (American)
Something that you say which means if you are too confident about yourself, something bad will happen to show you that you are not as good as you think you are.

Blimey Jim, I know its Monday...but are you having a "extra-Bad" day or something?

Plax

Guru
jimboalee said:
Are you a member of a trade's Union?

An employer is supposed to give 90 days notice of changes to working 'Terms and conditions'.

Personal circumstances should not be taken into account as to an employee's working arangements. The Employer can ask if the rearangements suit, but cannot enforce a change within LESS than 90 days.

If you don't turn up, the Employer will have not a lot of power in an industrial tribuneral if they stated the employee was 'volunteered' by them to work.

Unless, of course, you signed a contract stating you would be available for work at the Company's discretion...

No, I'm not a member of a trade union. I can't remember what my contract says to be honest, but I don't think there is a lot we can do about it. When queried about it when they first said we were shutting down they said they didn't have to consult us as they weren't changing out terms & conditions. I'm sure they covered all bases before they decided to shut down over christmas initially.

johnsie

hackbike 666 said:
commutes left in 2009?

I have the magic number of.....21 inc Christmas Eve :smile:.

It was 22 before today.

Don't HAVE to do any; target for 2009 was 2000 commute miles - done and dusted. But I will.

Only got 13 working days to Christmas anyway.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Sorry J.Im not the most positive person in the world but I try not to think of bad things.This morning I was feeling apprehensive but armed with the new 12v horn (ooer) it was fine even though the weather was crappy.

Top Bottom