• 10-20k

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 20-30k

• 30-40k

• 40-50k

• I'm an MP, I'd rather not discuss it (50k+)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickM

Veteran
The "goodness" of a job, insofar as that is a meaningful concept, is measured not by the size of the pay packet attached to it but by the ratio of remuneration to responsibility.

Mine scores very highly (better than anybody else's here, I bet) by having remarkably little responsibility attached to it. 35 hours a week of imprisonment among (mostly) peasants and Philistines... but 31 days' holiday, bugger all to do and an always-on Internet connection. It's crap, but most jobs are much worse :blush:

Maz

Guru
@Arch...stress-free sounds like a great idea. good for you.
my job is pretty much stress-free [and work-free at the mo, given how much time i spend on here!]

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
@Arch...stress-free sounds like a great idea. good for you.
my job is pretty much stress-free [and work-free at the mo, given how much time i spend on here!]

Yeah, I guess you'd call it downsizing, except I've never been up high to come down from...

Also, I reckon I can take on a challenging job, if I only have to do it a couple of days a week, and then can leave it behind. Hence the part time stuff.

The downside is, I can't see me ever owning a house, or having any sort of pension, so unless I find some chap to look after me, I'll be working until I drop..:blush:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Twenty Inch said:
Arch did you see the Roman videotape sketch on Mitchell and Webb last night?

:blush:

Yes, loved it! Especially the woman whose only reservation was the length of the scabard...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
User76 said:
That sounds ideal fossyant. 38 days holiday:ohmy: Did you become a teacher?

Not quite - Left industry as a Financial Controller - into HE and look after the finances of two Faculties - so get the hols - means I get to take half terms off with the kids... and I get home at a reasonable time each day.

Health and Well Being is most important - so long as I have enough to pay the bills, maybe buy a new bike some time, is all that matters...:blush:

Did the career chasing stuff, and it's not always what it's made up to be - more money usually equals lots more stress and getting fat ! Drop some of the cash and get a life !

It was a case of my cycling - a life long hobby - was suffering, and I was dying climbing any hills - horrible, change lifestyle, and hills are something I relish now - just soo easy (in comparison to before).

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Long standing regulars of the old C+ soapbox will recall that i have been trying for years to get our resident right-wing fundamentalists/Apologists to declare their salary (to the nearest 10K) for years without much any success
It would be quite illuminating to have some idea of how the corrolation between personal salary and personal allegence to defending the currrent status quo matches...given the lack of my success (or any rational defence) a impartial observer is forced to conclude that it is considerable, possibly total.
(21.3)

domtyler

Über Member
User76 said:
That sounds ideal fossyant. 38 days holiday:ohmy: Did you become a teacher?

Ha ha ha, my wife's a teacher and she gets far more than that.
Around 85 paid days holiday a year.

domtyler

Über Member
Gary Askwith said:
Long standing regulars of the old C+ soapbox will recall that i have been trying for years to get our resident right-wing fundamentalists/Apologists to declare their salary (to the nearest 10K) for years without much any success
It would be quite illuminating to have some idea of how the corrolation between personal salary and personal allegence to defending the currrent status quo matches...given the lack of my success (or any rational defence) a impartial observer is forced to conclude that it is considerable, possibly total.
(21.3)

What is the point in this pissing competition?

redcogs

Guru
About £4000. Crap i know, but, considering disability and poverty i've a pretty good quality of life as an (inadequate) houseparent, essentially kept afloat by Mrs redcogs, and buoyed up by a couple of lovely kids.

I've done 10 miles around 'Inchdrewer Castle' this afternoon, bright and sunny, cold, but breathtaking views. Saw a pair of deer. Bacon sausage eggs n beans wi chips for tea, which is ready for the boss when she gets home at 5.15.

i sympathise with those of you who are chained to a machine, or a desk, or a pc etc. In case anyone thinks i'm a pure scrounger, i've done all that stuff (a third of a centuries worth), but i'm extremely happy not to be doing it any longer. Gaz has the right approach, don't sell your life just for money.. the view of the coffin lid for an eternity demands that we seek better.

domtyler

Über Member
redcogs said:
i sympathise with those of you who are chained to a machine, or a desk, or a pc etc. In case anyone thinks i'm a pure scrounger, i've done all that stuff (a third of a centuries worth), but i'm extremely happy not to be doing it any longer. Gaz has the right approach, don't sell your life just for money.. the view of the coffin lid for an eternity demands that we seek better.

No sympathy required redders. I was supposed to be working on a large project over this weekend which has just been postponed. I'll still be getting my money though as there was so little notice. :ohmy::tongue:

I feel a spending spree coming on!

domtyler said:
No sympathy required redders. I was supposed to be working on a large project over this weekend which has just been postponed. I'll still be getting my money though as there was so little notice. :smile::tongue:

I feel a spending spree coming on!

Fancy spreeing in the direction of my student loan? :ohmy:

domtyler

Über Member
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Fancy spreeing in the direction of my student loan? :ohmy:

I would Jaco, but I feel I would be doing you a disservice. It is by battling through on such a pittance for so long while at Uni that you will appreciate your pay packets so much when you start working. :smile:

Top Bottom