• 10-20k

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 20-30k

• 30-40k

• 40-50k

• I'm an MP, I'd rather not discuss it (50k+)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
£26 000 a year for a week anywhere between 40 and 60 hours. On the plus side, I really enjoy my job and it's not normally anything like hard work.

domtyler said:
I would Jaco, but I feel I would be doing you a disservice. It is by battling through on such a pittance for so long while at Uni that you will appreciate your pay packets so much when you start working. :ohmy:

Well, when you put it like that old bean, I almost owe you a pint :smile::becool:

catwoman

Earn enough to live on but not enough to buy my own home. Therefore not enough. Sick of renting and no inheritance in sight so short of a big lottery win I'm stuffed as far as home ownership is concerned because I will never earn enough.
Does that really matter though?

longers

Legendary Member
Not a lot but I have a decent standard of living, a good work/life balance and just enough for the odd little treat occasionally. I'm not materialistic and live a fairly simple life.
If I want something I normally have to save for it and that makes it feel even more valuable to me.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Is there an " I can't really afford to buy a new bike and I'm quite happy, well almost, I wanted better than I bought, but couldn't afford it, but I did pay cash for it and I have tweaked it a bit" forum ??
On the up side, less than 10k, but it is all my previously paid tax being reclaimed.

stevenb

catwoman said:
Earn enough to live on but not enough to buy my own home. Therefore not enough. Sick of renting and no inheritance in sight so short of a big lottery win I'm stuffed as far as home ownership is concerned because I will never earn enough.
Does that really matter though?

Same here at the moment...mainly due to my bank loan...which is ending in just over 12 months though.
This year Im hoping my contract job turns permenant.
Then I'll earn more next year.
Plus the company bonus which is up to 16% of my salary (not bad for a bonus).
Then next year I'll aim to buy a shared ownership property and live comfortably:smile:.

You could always move up to my place and share with me 'Catwoman'...:biggrin:

stevenb

longers said:
Not a lot but I have a decent standard of living, a good work/life balance and just enough for the odd little treat occasionally. I'm not materialistic and live a fairly simple life.
If I want something I normally have to save for it and that makes it feel even more valuable to me.

Nicely said.:biggrin:...me too matey.

Johnny Thin

The average is £23K and I'm nicely above that. But for a decade I was on minimum-type wages scraping a living however I could, the result of training as a musician and staying in UK.

A week ago I would have said 'fack all! :biggrin:

Now, with a new job about to start, I'll be on (breaking it down) a basic £15 an hour for a 37.5-hour working week, for six months; with overtime, unsocial hours, paying less tax than Sweden (with a 10% tax rebate next spring), holiday pay, and cheap accommodation. That (for me) is quite a tidy sum.
I have no debts (apart from a student loan), so (if my prayers are answered) should be able to get a half-decent camper van in a few years, for freelance travelling and living. :becool:

But money isn't he 'B' all and 'end'of everything! Health and happiness are the most important (followed by freedom).

Given the choice, though, I would like to be on an unlimited bike ride, clocking up about 100 miles a day for 6 days with a 2-day rest, for the REST OF MY LIFE! :sad:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
12.5k in the present job for anywhere between 37.5 and 50 hour week (no paid overtime except in March). Work/life balance probably isn't great and there are probably too many minor responsibilities for the money but I get out of the office for most of the week which is a huge plus. If I was on the next grade up and in the office for 80%+ of the week I'd probably enjoy it a lot less. That and the commute.

Top Bottom