How much do you pay the baby sitter??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
Or if you are a well paid pair of Doctors on holiday in Portugal with an irritating manner, you just don't bother and then make as much fuss as possible for the next 2 yrs.

thomas

the tank engine
Mr Pig said:
The grand parents and a friend of my wife always sit for us so we've never had to pay one. For a whole evening anything less than ten or twenty quid though would seem rather mean.

+1

gary r said:
We usually get family to help out with the kids,our neighbours daughter (15) asked if we ever needed a baby sitter she would help out. How much should i pay her for a Sat night 8pm till 1130pm??

Whenever I've baby sitted for my uncle I've been given about £20 and that was for around the same time as you. I'd say £15-20 for her should be fine...don't want to give too much for doing the taxing task of watch TV and eating your snacks...but if you ever want to go out again you don't want to be too tight :smile:. Around £20 should be fine.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The first time we got a DVD for them to watch whilst babysitting ... I bought Home Alone...:smile::biggrin: Mr Summerdays pointed out the slight error I had made

gavintc

Guru
Uncle Mort said:
Here, you hire babysitters through official family organisations, so they are vetted and they have basic first aid training (and insurance). The official rate is the equivalent of about £2 an hour, although we usually give a tip if we're late.

That seems very cheap. My daughter is occasionally asked to sit and I think she gets about £20 for an evening.

Top Bottom