How much do your bike (s) weight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I weighed our bikes for the flights this summer and they weighed 13kg!

My Thorn XTC is TINY (I'm v short) so I assumed it would weigh less than my husband and son's enormous aluminium bikes but no, they all weighed the same. I think that means I'm working harder!!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm going to guess at around something around 110kg with me, full bottles and full rack bag on it.

I know my tools and tubes and general stuff that I lug around on the back weigh about 3kg, cos I weighed it ages ago. I weigh 90kg, but that's without my cycling shoes, which are fairly heavy. I have one oversize and one normal bottle so that's a kilo and a bit. Spa advertise that the bike weighs 10.2 kg, but I have a large frame, and a rack so a bit more. Throw in some pork pies, bars and sandwiches too. Lights as well sometimes (Hope vision 1, 4x AA)

Sharky

Guru
There was a similar thread on bike weights a while back and my results were...

Ribble winter bike - 8.96 kg
Giant Bowery SS - 8.13 kg
Nelson track bike with one brake - 8.12 kg
Focus Culebro, with gears etc - 7.54 kg

I expected the Nelson to be the lightest, considering it was a fixed, with only one brake, but it does have clip on tri bars.

All 4 aluminium frames.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
1) Quite a lot
2) Nice :smile:
3) Heavier than above but feels similar
4) Not sure, probably not bad, though technically not mine at the mo, as son has it for now...

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Actually, giving this a bit more thought I realise that bike weight is critical and is scored on the following basis;

• Do I care?
  • Do I enjoy riding the bike?
  • Do I have all the things I need for the ride?
  • Am I at the front when riding with other people? (If yes then all good).
  • Am I struggling at the back when riding with other people? (If no then all good).
Bike weight as a pure number is meaningless 99% of the time and in the other 1%, unless you are a pro racer who needs to make a living from winning, it is also pointless!

Jameshow

Veteran
Focus izalco pro (4700tiagra) 8kg
Cannondale six 5600 -105 8.5kg
Ridgeback rapide 10kg
British eagle 13kg Inc mudguards

Scott CX bike 9kg. Tyres / wheels depending.

Jameshow

Veteran
Actually, giving this a bit more thought I realise that bike weight is critical and is scored on the following basis;

• Do I care?
  • Do I enjoy riding the bike?
  • Do I have all the things I need for the ride?
  • Am I at the front when riding with other people? (If yes then all good).
  • Am I struggling at the back when riding with other people? (If no then all good).
Bike weight as a pure number is meaningless 99% of the time and in the other 1%, unless you are a pro racer who needs to make a living from winning, it is also pointless!

Agreed got to have the right bike for the ride!

No point riding your winter bike in the summer over the lakes passes....

Or riding a racing bike on middle of winter dodging potholes, gravel and branches!!

Top Bottom