How much do your bike (s) weight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Raleigh Motus Tour, at least 3 to 4 stone including accessories.

When this bike needs major work doing, or I spy a bargain, I will invest in a lighter e-bike. This one I could just lift onto my roof carrier.

presta

Guru
Mine's about 14kg, but I can't give an exact answer because I never quite made up my mind what counts as bike and what doesn't.

Alex321

Veteran
I agree with those suggesting that bike weight is not that important a factor compared to rider weight. But for any given rider, a difference in bike weight can be relevant.

I still notice the difference between my 9.4Kg Cube road bike and my 13.9Kg Boardman Hybrid. Given that I weigh around 88-89Kg, that means the total is between about 97 and 102 respectively, which is close to a 5% overall difference.

DogmaStu

I agree with those suggesting that bike weight is not that important a factor compared to rider weight. But for any given rider, a difference in bike weight can be relevant.

I still notice the difference between my 9.4Kg Cube road bike and my 13.9Kg Boardman Hybrid. Given that I weigh around 88-89Kg, that means the total is between about 97 and 102 respectively, which is close to a 5% overall difference.

My race-ready weight is 63kg so my bike weights make a noticeable difference to me.

Even now at a plump 66kg my 6.1kg bike feels positively sprightly on climbs compared to my heavier bikes. Total with me, bike, water etc still only 74kg or thereabouts.

When I was in my 20’s my race-ready weight was 60kg!

Roccado weighs in at 26kg, nude.
Do I win a prize? ^_^

IMG_20230731_105808.jpg

Strong as an ox, though.

I don't really care to be honest. I often ride a rod braked Rudge that probably weighs as much as the Flying Scotsman but I still enjoy riding it.

Funny isn't it, I have 10 bikes, some of which cost 1000'S and my go to is a 1974 Raleigh Sports

Jody

Stubborn git
Roughly

Road bike 9kg
Jack Flash HT - 12kg
Anthem XC FS - 13kg
Trance - 14kg
90's pig iron GT - all of the kgs

Top Bottom