How much how much.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I have a rather sweet tooth.My fave choc bar is Cadburys Whole Nut.Our local offy ses it a £1.Well he has to it is part of the wrapping,it is printed on rather large.
Well tonight i went in for two bars to find that it has gone up to £1-29p.I am still stunned at such a large increase on one item.
Well i have rattled off an e mail telling them what i think of the increase,it won't make any difference but at least i have had a moan.well after 50 years a whole nut will never pass my lips again.Can't do it you might say.Well over two years ago i had my gallbladder out due to excessive drinking,booze has not passed my lips since.Whole nut,no contest.
greedy sods 29p on one item.

rant over.:boxing:

Luked1980

I bet you get a voucher through for some free bars!

Luked1980

I took a picture of a packet of walkers crisps once. I opened the pack and it had 5 crisps in it.....sent the pic and an email off to them and thought nothing of it. Got a reply asking for my address.

2 days later, £25 worth of vouchers through the door!

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
The hazelnut price rise will be particularly tough for buyers at some of the world's biggest confectionery companies, such as Cadbury, whose Whole Nut bar – made with hazelnuts – is one of its bestsellers.

A spokesman for the American conglomerate Mondelez, which owns Cadbury, declined to comment on whether it would increase the price of its chocolate bar.

Just found this in a very well know paper.

stephec

Legendary Member
This should cheer you up then.

About three months ago work took me to the Mondelez factory in Sheffield. Now as you do I visited the staff shop and found my favourite Bournville bars on sale.

72 x 45g bars in a box for the princely sum of £5.00. :smile:

So a month ago I'm there again, and another trip to the shop was in order. This time they had no Bournville, but to compensate for my disappointment I bought a box of Green and Blacks milk chocolate with butterscotch 30 x 35g bars for the most agreeable price of £3.00.

Now don't you feel better knowing that? :biggrin:

Edit: I forgot to mention I also picked up a couple of the Toblereones that are about £4.00 each in Tesco for 75p each.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm dangerously allergic to the nuts :sad:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
There was no price rise as such the £1 bars were a limited duration promotion. The £1.29 is still a bargain as the
I have a rather sweet tooth.My fave choc bar is Cadburys Whole Nut.Our local offy ses it a £1.Well he has to it is part of the wrapping,it is printed on rather large.
Well tonight i went in for two bars to find that it has gone up to £1-29p.I am still stunned at such a large increase on one item.
Well i have rattled off an e mail telling them what i think of the increase,it won't make any difference but at least i have had a moan.well after 50 years a whole nut will never pass my lips again.Can't do it you might say.Well over two years ago i had my gallbladder out due to excessive drinking,booze has not passed my lips since.Whole nut,no contest.
greedy sods 29p on one item.

rant over.:boxing:

Your rant is unwarranted. You've been buying the bars at a promotional price. That's why there was the flash with the £1 on it - to stop profiteering. The promotion is over and and the price has returned to normal.

To help you cope with the return to normal pricing - you can still avail yourself of £1 bars from supermarkets. Note the maximum price that you could pay and the price fluctuations.
Screen shot 2014-09-14 at 20.52.02.png

EDIT. I've spotted that I'd posted the fruit and nut price comparison. Here's the whole nut price comparison. The price cut cycle is different but it looks like Posties price rise end of promotion is universal according to the graph.

Screen shot 2014-09-14 at 23.34.15.png

Last edited:

Blue

Legendary Member
This should cheer you up then.
So a month ago I'm there again, and another trip to the shop was in order. This time they had no Bournville, but to compensate for my disappointment I bought a box of Green and Blacks milk chocolate with butterscotch 30 x 35g bars for the most agreeable price of £3.00.

Now don't you feel better knowing that? :biggrin:

Edit: I forgot to mention I also picked up a couple of the Toblereones that are about £4.00 each in Tesco for 75p each.

You lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky @%$£"!. I love that stuff :hungry:

Top Bottom