How much milk in a week ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
We got some milk from Poundland t'other day. It's surprisingly nice.. Really tasty & milky. 4 pints only cost a quid, too!
Coop milk, however, is not so good.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
As newfhouse says how did it start. Equally, the first chickens that laid eggs. Did one look at the other and say 'What the hell has just come out of your bum!'

rualexander

Legendary Member
None.
Only dairy stuff I have is cheese and yoghurt, not at the same time.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
We got some milk from Poundland t'other day. It's surprisingly nice.. Really tasty & milky. 4 pints only cost a quid, too!
Coop milk, however, is not so good.
Pleased you’re saving a few pence. Pity the miserable state of UK dairy farming, when one such farm closes each week. GB average farm gate milk price 27p.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Pleased you’re saving a few pence. Pity the miserable state of UK dairy farming, when one such farm closes each week. GB average farm gate milk price 27p.
I wouldn't have a problem paying more, but if I was charged £1.20 for it, would that go to the farmers?
At least the Poundland milk is 'local' ie Yorkshire rather than being tankered across Europe, but that's a different subject, methinks.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
My personal consumption used to be around a pint and half a pint a day of raw (unpasteurised) milk and had been for many years. - Breakfast cereal, plus a glass of milk, then another glass of milk in the evening with my tea and sometimes another glass as, or with, supper. When we moved house and raw milk wasn't delivered by the milkman, Mrs B then moved me over to to semi skimmed which I don't enjoy, so it plummeted to around 3/4 pint a day.
Don't know if she is saving my arteries or money.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Inspired by this thread I've revisited our milk consumption. We get through 12 pints per week. I've measure Son#1 quantity he has on Weetabix (every morning), morning glass and afternoon glass and it comes to about 1 1/3 pints.

So he's consuming about 9 pints a week. Leaving me with 3 pints which sounds about right

At least I know it isn't the milk fairies

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Looking at the replies and my own consumption of semi skimmed I think I need to try and cut back a bit so will try from today onwards and see how much I get through in a week .

Top Bottom