How much milk in a week ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Err... in our house we go through 16 litres (just over 28 pints) of skimmed milk per week between four of us.

By my reckoning:
Me: 1 litre per week on cereal
Wife: 1.6 litres per week on cereal and tea
Daughter: 0.6 litres (drinks a couple of half glasses of milk per week)
Son: 12.8 litres per week as it is all he drinks!

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Does anyone have "raw" milk? My milkman doesn't deliver it, but I can get it nearby and I do find it lovely. Can also get cream, butter etc. from the same place and the containers have labels stating, "this product may contain bacteria harmful to health". I like living on the edge.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I get through the best part of 8 pints of green milk a week. What about the rest of you ?
about the same at home, but my milk is full fat.

At work i'll drink about a pint a day of semi-skimmed... just because it's quicker and easier than making a hot drink.

so all in all, about 13 pints a week... sounds quite a lot now i think about it.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Does anyone have "raw" milk? My milkman doesn't deliver it, but I can get it nearby and I do find it lovely. Can also get cream, butter etc. from the same place and the containers have labels stating, "this product may contain bacteria harmful to health". I like living on the edge.
my sister married a dairy farmer so their milk comes direct from the milking machine. I keep meaning to ask BiL if the machine does the pasteurising or if it just sucks and the milk get pasteurised elsewhere.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
my sister married a dairy farmer so their milk comes direct from the milking machine. I keep meaning to ask BiL if the machine does the pasteurising or if it just sucks and the milk get pasteurised elsewhere.

Don't certain moo cows produce pasturied :laugh:

johnnyb47

Guru
I usually get through around 4 litres a week. I would drink more but for some reason if i drink to much it gives me a blinding headache

keithmac

Guru
There was a story years ago about a keep fit/ sporty bloke who keeled over and died. They put the cause down to drinking excessive amounts of full fat milk (think the cholesterol blocked his arteries?).

Top Bottom