How much was your first pint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Nostalgia-fest, laddies and genitalmen.

How much did you pay for the first ever pint you paid for?

Me, cider (!) and it was 15p. In a clubby-type place that overlooked the fact me and my mates were quite clearly too young so they could charge what they wanted and we'd be grateful to pay. A pint of good bitter at that time was 13p at the most. My granddad told us that the day a pint cost 50p would be the day pubs were all finished, charging these 'astronomical prices'!

What about you? Where? When? Why? etc...

Plax

Guru
I have no idea. It wasn't something that I bothered to remember. I do know that I could get 5 pints and some small change out of a tenner though. Used to be more than enough for a night out for me a tenner. Not quite so nowadays.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Used to have a 50p per pint night once a week at the SU when I was at Uni (1992+). Regular price for watered down lager was one whole pound per pint :rolleyes:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I can't remember. But what I do clearly remember was when a pint went above £1.00. There was a huge outcry :rolleyes:

rh100

Plax said:
I have no idea. It wasn't something that I bothered to remember. I do know that I could get 5 pints and some small change out of a tenner though. Used to be more than enough for a night out for me a tenner. Not quite so nowadays.

Yes, a tenner would pay for a good night out in the 90's.

I can't remember what my first pint cost though.

postman

Legendary Member
Chained Bull,Moortown Corner ,Leeds 17 .Tap room .My mates were drinking Tetley bitter

One shilling and three pence .About 8p intodays money .

I on the other hand spent two shillings and drank Double Diamond.10p in todays money .

1967 when i started drinking .

KEEF

Veteran
Wolf04 said:
A pint of Tartan, ten and a half of your new fangled pennies!

That was also my very first pint and my first visit to a pub The Border Minstrel in Gosforth Park can't remember how much it was.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom